Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Best Burger Downtown

My vote goes to the Detroiter Bar. I get the burger named after the place with more bacon instead of ham. Deep cheese over a layer of bacon with the fixings has to be the best $9.50 ever spent with fries and a ice cold draft. Yours?

1. Loose Burger from American Coney Island

2. Five Guys

Topor burger at the Mercury Burger & Bar!

Cutters bar and grill serves a great burger as well.

When I first try a burger I get the basic with lettuce, tomato, onion, and mustard/ketchup. In this way you can truly judge the quality of the burger. Once you start adding ham, bacon, fries, etc etc etc., it becomes more than just a burger. Those added toppings can hide a mediocre burger. That being said my fave so far is Mercury. Five guys are all well done you can't order medium rare. Cutters is on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Topor burger at the Mercury Burger & Bar!
    is there parking nearby?

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    When I first try a burger I get the basic with lettuce, tomato, onion, and mustard/ketchup. In this way you can truly judge the quality of the burger. Once you start adding ham, bacon, fries, etc etc etc., it becomes more than just a burger. Those added toppings can hide a mediocre burger. That being said my fave so far is Mercury. Five guys are all well done you can't order medium rare. Cutters is on my radar.

Just so's you don't catch Mad Cow disease, maybe...

p.s.: No mothers-in-law were hurt while making this post.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Just so's you don't catch Mad Cow disease, maybe...

p.s.: No mothers-in-law were hurt while making this post.

Cooking doesn't affect the mad cow disease pathogen. It does kill all the bacterial pathogens that could be in ground beef. But if they are actually grinding beef from cuts of meat, as they should be, instead of buying it in bulk from some huge processor, the chances of getting any disease even from raw meat is essentially zero.

I'd agree with the Detroiter having the best downtown burger and also the best bargain.

Went to Cutter's the other day for the first time. Excellent burger. Loved the location and the vibe.