Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Same Old Lions?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    A couple things:

1. How does a team as awful as the Lions earn the privileges of playing on Thanksgiving or in London?

2. Is 1-15 a lock at this point? At least it's not 0-16 [[and even that was just barely), right?
    The Bears are pretty awful too. If the Lions really overachieve for the remainder of this year, maybe they can reach a lofty 2-14, given they play the Bears again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    The Bears are pretty awful too. If the Lions really overachieve for the remainder of this year, maybe they can reach a lofty 2-14, given they play the Bears again.
    The main difference between the Lions and the Bears is that, aside from the seasons with Suh [[I'm sure fans are missing him now), the Lions have been consistently awful ever since the Barry Sanders era. The Bears have at least been consistently decent until this season.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    OK, that's the nadir...

Long trip back from London, I wonder if Caldwell makes it all the way back with his job intact.
    Yep. Everybody I know, me included, are tuning out for the season. We are close to that tipping point where we start hoping they lose the rest so that the next coach will have some good draft picks.

Just when we started feeling we were on the upswing... bam ..."Same Old Lions"

Somebody mentioned the door locks have been changed in the offices of Lewand, Mayhew, & Caldwell.......

very uncomfortable game to watch.

Why would anyone think the Lions will win 7 or 8 games this year? Maybe the owner, managers coaching staff and most of the players will go to Lourdes and get cured of their incompetence?

As Homer Simpson says, "Doh."
    Offensive linemen looked like doormen while other
    team's defense charge by and crunch Stafford.
    Their heavy lifting is helping Stafford off the turf.

Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post
    Why would anyone think the Lions will win 7 or 8 games this year? Maybe the owner, managers coaching staff and most of the players will go to Lourdes and get cured of their incompetence?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    A couple things:

1. How does a team as awful as the Lions earn the privileges of playing on Thanksgiving or in London?

2. Is 1-15 a lock at this point? At least it's not 0-16 [[and even that was just barely), right?
    The Lions get Thanksgiving for 3 reasons: 1) Tradition: the Lions have been playing on that date every year since the beginning of time. 2) A lot of other teams would prefer not to play on that date. 3) The Ford Motor Company buys a lot of ad time on NFL broadcasts and thus has a bit of leverage.

Despite being on national TV, the London gig is not one that most teams like. They all find it disruptive but do it for the $$ from the league, and someone loses a home game for each game over there [[thus far it hasn't been the Lions). This is why it's usually the mid- to lower- echelon teams that make that trip.

The other national TV games this year are because - lest we forget - this was a playoff team just last season.

They are likely to meet a couple of equally bad and dispirited teams towards the end of the season. I can optimistically see 3-13, or even 4-12, as a real possibility. Especially if there's a coaching change that gets the blood moving.

I'm done for the year. I turned the TV off after the first INT and didn't turn back. I'm a Lions fan true and true but can no longer waste my time following this bunch of sad sacks. Before you call me a fairweather fan, let me give you my anaology. I love going to the beach. It's probably my favorite outside thing to do, period. But I'm not going to try in the middle of winter because doing so is a complete waste of time. So for the beach and the Lions, I'll be back until the time is right.

Anything less than firing Lewand and Meyhew and then finding the next best [[qualified) candidate to run the football operations of this team is as stupid as offering a band aid to someone that had their femoral artery severed.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; November-02-15 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Anything less than firing Lewand and Meyhew and then finding the next best [[qualified) candidate to run the football operations of this team is as stupid as offering a band aid to someone that had their femoral artery severed.
    I agree with this. Caldwell however may be given a reprieve, since he was a part of 2 SB teams. I can see a scenario where he might be brought back next season, as a lame duck coach, after getting them in the playoffs last year. I wonder if the Lions are going to be buyers or sellers today at the trade deadline? Been hearing rumors about C J possibly being traded.

Want to retire early? The Las Vegas sports books now have the Lions at 1,000 - 1 to win the super bowl. Just plunk a thousand bucks down on them and collect a million. Well, minus taxes, that is.

BTW: The toothless Lions have NOT won a Lambeau Field in the past 24 years.....

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    BTW: The toothless Lions have NOT won a Lambeau Field in the past 24 years.....
    Exactly. And heres my BOLD ASS PREDICTION; Lions by 3. The Pack is realing with 2 straight losses. The Sunday Night Football commentators said the game against the Lions is the perfect cure. The Packers will buy into this, therefore this is a trap game for them. Lions are loose and have nothing to lose. Watch for Ziggy to be all over Rodgers. Winning at Lambo is our Superbowl. Go Martha! Go Lions!

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Exactly. And heres my BOLD ASS PREDICTION; Lions by 3. The Pack is realing with 2 straight losses. The Sunday Night Football commentators said the game against the Lions is the perfect cure. The Packers will buy into this, therefore this is a trap game for them. Lions are loose and have nothing to lose. Watch for Ziggy to be all over Rodgers. Winning at Lambo is our Superbowl. Go Martha! Go Lions!
    In all my previous years of running a thread here on the Lions, I would have to say this is by far one of the boldest of the bold picks I've seen. Fortune follows the bold!

I sincerely hope you're spot on with the pick. And i agree that it is nice to see Martha come out and speak to the team. It's more than what I could say for her dearly departed husband. She obviously has a different tact to running this team. Dare I even say she's been everything he wasn't. She's been bold, proactive and even communicative. I think as a fan we can appreciate that.

are the remaining games for the season still officially sold out? what are tickets going for on the resell sites?

Breaking news: The Lions have finally done it for the first time since 1991.

X 4. Unbelievable last few minutes!!!

well, kudos. But I don't know if it's proper to say that the Lions distinctively won this game; rather that they survived it.. But hey, it's one for the W column anyway.

Can anyone see hell ?....is it frozen ?

Try as they may, the Lions are unable to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.

I think Aaron Rogers shook his marbles loose screaming F bombs because he was losing a football game against the Three Stooges and couldn't quite beat them no matter how bad they screwed up.

Well, I'll be. That was a supremely Lionsy game... everything but the outcome. Figures it would be in this lost season, when it doesn't really matter anyway, that the Lions would snap the streak. It was fun seeing Aaron Rodgers get so frustated though.

Well I was off by one point. I'm much to modest to say I told you so...awwww fuck it, I TOLD YOU SO!!! I'm celebrating tonight with a Vernors and Calders ice cream.

Well I was off by one point. I'm much to modest to say I told you so...awwww fuck it, I TOLD YOU SO!!! I'm celebrating tonight with a Vernors and Calders ice cream.
    As you should!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast