Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Grind Strip Club

One of the most lavish in the country, I am SO sad to sit it go. Any update on to when this building in Capitol Park will be torn down? Gilbert mentioned it months ago in his Capitol Park project and intended on building a new apartment building at the site.

Thanks. Great article

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    One of the most lavish in the country, I am SO sad to sit it go. Any update on to when this building in Capitol Park will be torn down? Gilbert mentioned it months ago in his Capitol Park project and intended on building a new apartment building at the site.

The Grind was a hole in the wall but it was so unregulated I actually have rather fond memories of the place

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Thanks. Great article
    mr kraemer doesn't have the highest regard among firms downtown. his firm constantly churns through low-paid staff and he underbids most of the downtown work leading to the unfortunate comment of architecture's "race to the bottom" or "design as a commodity". ex..see the auburn

what was so lavish about this place?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    what was so lavish about this place?

From the article...

Other ground-up development projects include the recently opened Garden Lofts at Woodward Place, featuring condos overlooking Tiger Stadium,
    Tiger Stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    From the article...

Tiger Stadium?
    Also the Garden Lofts were completed around 2006. If that's what they mean by recent.

Quote Originally Posted by black gold man View Post
    Question answered. She's pretty darned lavish.

I made a hasty decision and went into that ghetto place,a creature that may have been a tran sexual jumped on me and started pawing and clawing and trying to lick on my ear I shoved her off and got up and left.......may have been a kick if the joint was seedy but it was just plain ghetto.......

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    I made a hasty decision and went into that ghetto place,a creature that may have been a tran sexual jumped on me and started pawing and clawing and trying to lick on my ear I shoved her off and got up and left.......may have been a kick if the joint was seedy but it was just plain ghetto.......
    What did you expect? The kind of crowd you would find at the opera?

Not to be confused with the Grind Coffehouse that was at Grand River [[Trumbull?) in the '90s and used to play deep house and hip hop music.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Not to be confused with the Grind Coffehouse that was at Grand River [[Trumbull?) in the '90s and used to play deep house and hip hop music.
    Didn't they also have a location in downtown Wyandotte that went out of business a couple years ago?

Who said Chix on Dix was even more lavish......

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Didn't they also have a location in downtown Wyandotte that went out of business a couple years ago?
    I'd be surprised if the two businesses were related. The Wyandotte coffeehouse had more of an indie/folk vibe, not house/hip hop.

Quote Originally Posted by black gold man View Post
    WOW! I bet you could really get a good discussion on quantum physics going with her!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    WOW! I bet you could really get a good discussion on quantum physics going with her!
    Or unregulated financial transactions. Thought Wall Street had a monopoly on it?

Here is an article on micro apartments at this site... [[probably what folks expected to be reading... ).

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...tate/77449784/

Two hundred and twenty units. Each home to one person. That's another 200+ folks to be living downtown...

Why don't they build micro apartments near Wayne State for students????
    Last edited by emu steve; December-20-15 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Or unregulated financial transactions. Thought Wall Street had a monopoly on it?

Here is an article on micro apartments at this site... [[probably what folks expected to be reading... ).

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...tate/77449784/

Two hundred and twenty units. Each home to one person. That's another 200+ folks to be living downtown...

Why don't they build micro apartments near Wayne State for students????
    ANSWER: Because students don't generally have disposable time or income to spend on $200 vintage cufflinks, $1200 watches, or $12 glasses of Crap beer. This is a money making venture. If you don't believe me, discuss it with the lady in the photo. By the way, one of us has the wrong forum.

^^^ Hey! On occasion I like Craft beer, but not the $12 a glass versions!

ANSWER: Because students don't generally have disposable time or income to spend on $200 vintage cufflinks, $1200 watches, or $12 glasses of Crap beer. This is a money making venture. If you don't believe me, discuss it with the lady in the photo. By the way, one of us has the wrong forum.
    I don't understand your post.

The club is closed. It will be re-purposed. Also, Gilbert will be putting up a new building [[of micro apartments) in the same area.

These micros are what about 300 - 400 square feet.

I have no idea what your reference to $1,200 watches has to do with repurposing a club to residential.

I don't understand your post.

The club is closed. It will be re-purposed. Also, Gilbert will be putting up a new building [[of micro apartments) in the same area.

These micros are what about 300 - 400 square feet.

I have no idea what your reference to $1,200 watches has to do with repurposing a club to residential.
    Didn't you ask why they don't put the mini-apartments over by WSU for students? They're being put where they're being put as a comercial venture and not affordable student housing. Most students don't have the time or money to shop 'till they drop.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; December-20-15 at 09:59 AM.

Didn't you ask why they don't put the mini-apartments over by WSU for students? They're being put where they're being put as a comercial venture and not affordable student housing. Most students don't have the time or money to shop 'till they drop.
    I was kind of 'free associating'.

The Grind is [[or was) torn down and new micro [[very small) apartments built there.

I also thought: Why not ALSO do something similar for students [[near WSU's campus)?

I guess in the world of social media, I was getting off on a tangent...

I was kind of 'free associating'.

The Grind is [[or was) torn down and new micro [[very small) apartments built there.

I also thought: Why not ALSO do something similar for students [[near WSU's campus)?

I guess in the world of social media, I was getting off on a tangent...
    NP Steve. Somewhere there's a whole other thread about the minipads. I was surprised to see this one about the daily Grind. My posts are kind of space-like anyway. I do agree with you that they'd make great student housing. Hope you find someone to have a good metaphysical discussion with.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; December-20-15 at 01:53 PM.

NP Steve. Somewhere there's a whole other thread about the minipads. I was surprised to see this one about the daily Grind. My posts are kind of space-like anyway. I do agree with you that they'd make great student housing. Hope you find someone to have a good metaphysical discussion with.
    Enough is enough, let's get back to the $12 crappy & stale plastic cup left-over draft beer discussion.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast