Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New Google Street View images of Woodward Avenue [[taken this past July)

I am currently on Google Street View and I noticed that the images on Woodward have changed, probably within the past week or so. The date reads July 2015, which means that they have already overtaken the still-less-than-a-year-old October 2014 images.

Woodward is, as of the original posting of this thread, the only street I've seen with 2015 images so far, but I know Windsor has 2015 images too. Has anyone else noticed this?

Here are things to take note of:

-Further M-1 construction
    -Further arena construction
    -These were likely taken early in July, as the Hotel Park Avenue is still visible
    -One of the 80 brand-new DDOT buses is visible at Woodward and Forest
    Last edited by mtburb; September-08-15 at 04:49 PM.

I feel like the last few years we've been getting a lot more frequent updates. The image quality is really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I feel like the last few years we've been getting a lot more frequent updates. The image quality is really nice.
    Seems like this is likely due to Detroit's comeback.

Just noticed that Telegraph and I-94 through Taylor now have 2015 images too.

I actually just saw the Google mobile at 23&Gratiot last night. Making the rounds again.

I wish they'd spend more resources in other parts of the world. I already know what downtown Detroit looks like, but I couldn't find a single streetview of Moldova when I looked for it earlier today

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    I wish they'd spend more resources in other parts of the world. I already know what downtown Detroit looks like, but I couldn't find a single streetview of Moldova when I looked for it earlier today
    Well, Windsor first got Street View and we first got HD images on the same date way back in 2010...

And another crazy thing is that I visited downtown Detroit on July 10th and with the fact the Park Avenue is visible both in the new images and in one of the photos I took during a People Mover ride on that visit, it seems like the Google car visited downtown Detroit less than a week before my visit. Weird, huh?

Did some more checking and noticed that more 2015 images have been added. For example, Eureka Road by my Wyandotte house has 2015 images, but the street I'm actually on still has 2013 images.

We should start a thread so everyone can post when and where they see the Google car. Is is possible to view a thread so the latest entry displays at the top?

I saw a Google Car last week. Forget exactly where. I-96 on Novi, I think? I was going eastbound and it was going westbound.

I was unloading groceries in my garage here in Henderson, NV, when I saw the google car coming up the street [[I live at the head of a "T" intersection). Gave him a wave, and let me do that right here again for all my DetroitYes friends!

No way! I've seen all sorts of folks on street view, but no one ever claims to be them before! Congrats!