Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Orthodontist Opening Downtown Office

Three orthodontists are teaming up to open a downtown office, catering to working professional hours. Sounds like they will maybe only offer Invisalign?

I think that is a small market [[especially with their hours), but looks like another good sign of downtown's growth and always nice to see a business opening that helps expand the variety of services offered in the city.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...ert-affiliated

Quote Originally Posted by Vin65 View Post
    theThree orthodontists are teaming up to open a downtown office, catering to working professional hours. Sounds like they will maybe only offer Invisalign?

I think that is a small market [[especially with their hours), but looks like another good sign of downtown's growth and always nice to see a business opening that helps expand the variety of services offered in the city.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...ert-affiliated

Wayyyyyyyy too late for me. But I've never had a good payment experiense with a dentist.
    Is this a 3000 % markup on what should be real dentistry ?

You have to pay for the equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Wayyyyyyyy too late for me. But I've never had a good payment experiense with a dentist.
    Is this a 3000 % markup on what should be real dentistry ?

You have to pay for the equipment.
    What? Your entire comment made zero sense. This is not dentistry, it is orthodontics. And no, they are not ONLY offering Invisalign, that would be ludicrous. In additional to all traditional orthodontic services, they are also the "first provider of Invisalign teeth-straightening services in the city."

Honestly... if you don't understand what an article is even talking about, for god's sake, don't comment on it.

when I can finally get some real dental insurance, I want to get some braces..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    when I can finally get some real dental insurance, I want to get some braces..
    what if the insurance never comes?

I guess the more important question is: is there enough density downtown of the likely demographic [[pre-teens) to support their business? I'm thinking there are enough kids outside of downtown [[since DPS still exists), but within downtown?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcove Magnesia View Post
    I guess the more important question is: is there enough density downtown of the likely demographic [[pre-teens) to support their business? I'm thinking there are enough kids outside of downtown [[since DPS still exists), but within downtown?
    In the article they indicate their target demographic is not pre-teens but rather working professionals downtown.

I'd also guess that they might draw people from other parts of the city to come downtown for an appointment. It's only once or twice a year so not something that needs to be right next door. Are there many other solid orthodontists serving the neighborhoods?

In any case, good to see another service business downtown and more occupied space in a beautiful building.

Quote Originally Posted by Junjie View Post
    In the article they indicate their target demographic is not pre-teens but rather working professionals downtown.

I'd also guess that they might draw people from other parts of the city to come downtown for an appointment. It's only once or twice a year so not something that needs to be right next door. Are there many other solid orthodontists serving the neighborhoods?

In any case, good to see another service business downtown and more occupied space in a beautiful building.
    An honest to goodness article and discussion about an ortho office and apparently I'm bored enough to read it and comment. Thriving rebirth!