Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

lilpup Guest

Default Luxury jets for Congresscritters

Note the Senator named: http://tinyurl.com/npozmd

ccbatson Guest

Propaganda and incomplete data. Obama himself expends the most by far, enough for all of the congress people multiplied several fold.

Not to forget that this is way trivial relative to other corruption and waste MOST OF WHICH IS FOUND ON THE LEFT.

Obama is the POTUS. Of course he is going to spend the most.

Do you ever post anything that is not about "THE LEFT"?

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Propaganda and incomplete data. Obama himself expends the most by far, enough for all of the congress people multiplied several fold.

Not to forget that this is way trivial relative to other corruption and waste MOST OF WHICH IS FOUND ON THE LEFT.

This isn't about the executive branch.

Nothing that happens there affects this particular revelation.

How can half a trillion dollars for hardware to accommodate two non-essential junkets ever be considered trivial?

There is nothing that can make it less than it is, no matter what words you use to deflect and defend this outrage, Cc.

The quote from John Edwards was appropriate and timely, as well as the highlighted disclaimer!

You only see the left's behavior, Cc, because you only track your obsession and ignore that which is similar to you...purely pathological behavior.

BOTH SIDES ARE THE PROBLEM, YOU MYOPIC DOCTOR!

I cannot say it enough. Government is out-of-control all over, and you simply want us to ignore 50% of the problem?! Just because they look like you?

No, we are NOT a portion of your pathology, Cc.

I know one like you...I have to suffer my Livonia Friend's similar obsession...he has to interject some derogatory bastardization of our president's name into every conversation as if he were the most novel critic in the room. Witty, even.

Before he developed this disorder, he was a nice guy. I'm hoping he responds well to the intervention. Prayer seems to be working, too.

Cheers!

A better explanation of the purchase is found at http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124960404730212955.html

According to theWall Street Journal, eight planes are being purchased for $550M to "augment a fleet of about two dozen passenger jets maintained by the Air Force for lawmakers, administration officials and military chiefs to fly on government trips in the U.S. and abroad." The cost, approved by Congress, comes out of the military budget. The military did not ask for or want these extra planes. I couldn't find the roll call vote to find out who voted for this expenditure.

I figured out that just the interest on these new planes is equal to about $141/day/congressman - far more than many of their constituents earn.

Those cocksuckers piss on Detroit's automakers for flying on private jets , yet they buy a few for themeselves. Two-faced fuckers.

That is SUCH an apt description of the problem, I'll yield my desire to use it as my next rock band's name:

The Two-Faced Fuckers

Touring around the country [[and a few, the world!) this month, next one back in DC for their standing engagement fucking the country, and even the world!

Go SCREAM at one of their Town Hall Meetings today!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    This isn't about the executive branch.

Nothing that happens there affects this particular revelation.

How can half a trillion dollars for hardware to accommodate two non-essential junkets ever be considered trivial?

There is nothing that can make it less than it is, no matter what words you use to deflect and defend this outrage, Cc.

The quote from John Edwards was appropriate and timely, as well as the highlighted disclaimer!

You only see the left's behavior, Cc, because you only track your obsession and ignore that which is similar to you...purely pathological behavior.

BOTH SIDES ARE THE PROBLEM, YOU MYOPIC DOCTOR!

I cannot say it enough. Government is out-of-control all over, and you simply want us to ignore 50% of the problem?! Just because they look like you?

No, we are NOT a portion of your pathology, Cc.

I know one like you...I have to suffer my Livonia Friend's similar obsession...he has to interject some derogatory bastardization of our president's name into every conversation as if he were the most novel critic in the room. Witty, even.

Before he developed this disorder, he was a nice guy. I'm hoping he responds well to the intervention. Prayer seems to be working, too.

Cheers!
    Gannon, I almost spit out my morning coffee in laughter when reading this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    That is SUCH an apt description of the problem, I'll yield my desire to use it as my next rock band's name:

The Two-Faced Fuckers

Touring around the country [[and a few, the world!) this month, next one back in DC for their standing engagement fucking the country, and even the world!

Go SCREAM at one of their Town Hall Meetings today!
    Gannon, you are my candidate for DYes Humorist of the month.

With due credit to Patrick for the monikor.

rotflmao.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; August-09-09 at 12:04 PM.

lilpup Guest

Some interesting notes from the Capitol Hill newspaper Roll Call - http://www.rollcall.com/issues/55_19/news/37552-1.html

Because the Appropriations Committee viewed the additional aircraft as an expansion of an existing Defense Department program, it did not treat the money for two more planes as an earmark, and the legislation does not disclose which Member had requested the additional money.
    and
    [Vice president of Taxpayers for Common Sense] Steve Ellis
    said the airplanes are also part of a larger trend for the Appropriations Committee to simply decide that big-ticket items are program increases, not earmarks, so they require less public disclosure.
    “The more that you push for transparency, the more of this stuff goes underneath the carpet,” Ellis said. While Congress has established new rules requiring greater transparency for earmarks, the Appropriations Committee is “the judge, jury and executioner over what is an earmark and what isn’t and how much information we get.”
    The vote for passage of the budget is Roll No. 675

Veta,

You make my day. I am pleased that I can make someone laugh, even about this stuff. Perhaps especially so.

It just gets SO ridiculous...I am left with nothing but gentle, loving sarcasm...in the hopefully-not-vain effort to wake a few folks up to the idiocy they are choosing to follow and accept as our present reality.

Now...off to play kickball on Belle Isle.

Cheers!

[[but you've gotta know that I'm stealing Dave Barry's material on the rock band naming...now THERE'S a humorist wordsmith, one of the bestest!)

Retroit Guest

I wonder:
    • What business will be conducted? It is not unreasonable to permit Congresspeople to travel at our expense if legitimate and worthy discussions are being conducted with their foreign counterparts.
    • Why do these aircraft have to be purchased? How often will they be used? Wouldn't it be cheaper if they chartered a plane from one of the airlines? I can understand not flying commercially internationally, as this would present a security issue, especially if several of them are aboard the same plane.
    I look at it the same way I look at executive travel: it can be abused, but it can also be reasonable.

Regardless, anytime these people are not in Washington, D.C., we're better off!

ccbatson Guest

Peanuts and a distraction from the really corrupt and big ticket items...like health care reform, cap and tax, excise taxes, and entitlement spending.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Peanuts and a distraction from the really corrupt and big ticket items...like health care reform, cap and tax, excise taxes, and entitlement spending.
    That's your second attempt at saying this doesn't matter because of some other issue.

Do you agree or disagree with these expenditures?

ccbatson Guest

Disagree of course.