Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default GOP Presidential candidate would build a wall btwn US and Canuckistan.

Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin, made infamous for a Wisconsin Act 10 is not insensitive to the idea of cooling relations between our two countries. The fence lobby must be clicking glasses just about now. But Trump is loonier by a long shot and Walker will cave in.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/...itimate-issue/

I can out-trump Trump too. What about a water barrier in he Detroit River to keep the icebacks from swimming over??

If Walker's trying to be a comedian, he should probably stick to his day job.

On the other hand, maybe they're beginning to recognize that alienating more U.S. citizens than they already have would be counterproductive so they're picking on foreigners instead.

I must ask: "How is picking on anyone at all supposed to improve anything?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I can out-trump Trump too. What about a water barrier in he Detroit River to keep the icebacks from swimming over??
    HA! First we'll have to bail it out to make room for the water. That's a contract I want!
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-30-15 at 11:20 PM.

Default Wisconsin Governor: Wall on Canada Border 'legitimate issue'

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...rder/71428586/

Probably need an electric fence in Lake St. Clair too. Every time I think our Canadian politicians are nuts you guys take it up a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post

Probably need an electric fence in Lake St. Clair too. Every time I think our Canadian politicians are nuts you guys take it up a notch.
    Even people one state away from the Canadian border donīt seem to recognize our relationship with Canada.

Every single state that has issued the voluntary Enhanced Drivers License has been a contiguous one, although Ohio was fumbling towards issuing one last year, but it didnīt happen.

What! put a wall up in the U.S/Canada border? Now we got illegal Canadians migrants wanted to come the U.S. for jobs. This is the our free country treats our best friend allies of the north.

How can it be a legitimate federal issue if Scott Walker has no chance of succeeding the nomination with Donald Trump now more than doubling him in the republican primary polls? What would be the point of a wall when everything costs more in Canada? We don't have a two tiered wage system with the autoworkers, which is causing our plants to close. Even the coke from Mexico is making it's way to Canada from the US, not from Canada to the US. Walker has no credibility in issuing such a statement. Trump has called Walker incompetent over his governorship of Wisconsin numerous times and Walker is just grasping at straws.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drnLOqZqPrg

Who even cares to waste their time watching Scott Walker talk?
    Last edited by davewindsor; August-30-15 at 07:07 PM.

Who even cares to waste their time watching Donald Trump talk?

I think we should put up a wall around Scott Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I think we should put up a wall around Scott Walker.
    It is said he drives the wife up the proverbial wall.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    A mussle will take care of that. The guy is a straight up goof, that happens to be rich. A scary proposition for America.

All these Republican crazies are starting to make another Bush look good. Another scary proposition for America.

As an American I would like to apologize to Canada for the thoughtless comments put forth by one of our fellow Americans,please remember that sometimes things slip through the cracks.

Thank you for your sacrifices and support in the past it will always be remembered and deeply appreciated.

Maybe if an electric fence is installed as Danny suggests maybe Mr. Walker can be the first to test it before it is removed.

The way it seems to be going the statement 50 years from now will be "America tear down that wall".

The difference with Mr Bush is that he is clearly not a fricken wacko.

All these Republican crazies are starting to make another Bush look good. Another scary proposition for America.
    Yes. If I weren't so damned uncynical, I would believe wholeheartedly a plot is afoot to plant another Bush our way.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    How can it be a legitimate federal issue if Scott Walker has no chance of succeeding the nomination with Donald Trump now more than doubling him in the republican primary polls? What would be the point of a wall when everything costs more in Canada? We don't have a two tiered wage system with the autoworkers, which is causing our plants to close. Even the coke from Mexico is making it's way to Canada from the US, not from Canada to the US. Walker has no credibility in issuing such a statement. Trump has called Walker incompetent over his governorship of Wisconsin numerous times and Walker is just grasping at straws.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drnLOqZqPrg

Who even cares to waste their time watching Scott Walker talk?
    Probably not relevant but Vancouver does reputably have the best cocaine imported by the Asians and not by the U.S.

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/t...nt?oid=5393442

Yes. If I weren't so damned uncynical, I would believe wholeheartedly a plot is afoot to plant another Bush our way.
    Being from Fla the thing I can say is when the crap hit the fan,he was there,unlike some other states that left their people hung out to dry.He got things done and there was not one insurance company that tried/dared to pussyfoot around when it came time to make people whole again.

He is a bit more approachable then his brother or father and way more down to earth so to speak,those thing matter.

Like it or not he does support jobs and believes this country needs to get back to production training and education,which also includes Detroit and Windsor.
    Last edited by Richard; August-30-15 at 09:31 PM.

Did you really just say that? He's a ratings machine. The first GOP primary debates usually get between 2-3million viewers in previous years. Trump shows up and Fox news got a record breaking 24 million viewers: "Trump is generally considered the biggest reason why Fox reached a startling 24 million people for the first GOP presidential debate earlier this month — the most watched program in Fox News history." http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015...p-tv.html?_r=0

Love him or hate him there's no denying the fact that the Nielsen numbers are showing he's pulling in record breaking crowds of viewers.
    Last edited by davewindsor; August-30-15 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Probably not relevant but Vancouver does reputably have the best cocaine imported by the Asians and not by the U.S.

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/t...nt?oid=5393442
    I would say it's not relevant. 1) the article is from 2010--too old, and 2) the article even states "Most of the cocaine in the U.S. comes from Colombia [[overland via Mexican gangs or on ships and narco-submarines sneaking up the Pacific coast), and most of the cocaine in Europe comes from Peru and Bolivia, via Brazil."

The article just points to a "rumor" about Canada, not facts. How is a "rumor" "reputable"?? Where's the facts that it's coming from Canada??

Fact: Canadian border officials seized 52 kilos of coke at the Ambassador bridge from a truck coming from the US just a month ago http://www.lfpress.com/2015/08/21/mo...ers-since-2007

This is just 52 kilos of the over 2,000 kilos seized by Canadian border officials at the crossing from trucks coming from the US in the past six years.

If Asian coke is getting into Canada directly from Asia and is better, why ship this "poorly cut" Columbian coke through the US into Canada? Does that make any sense?
    Last edited by davewindsor; August-30-15 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    he believes this country needs to get back to production training and education,which also includes Detroit and Windsor.
    What for? The Republican business owners have pretty much offshored not only all production jobs, but the profits they've made from them as well, to avoid taxation. A bunch of real Americans that group is.

I say institute a naval blockade in the Great Lakes!

Oops, I just remembered that I had ancestors that came from Ontario. Someone in my family might have been an Anchor Baby....

But come to think of it, we were from Northern Europe so we are OK.

Did you really just say that? He's a ratings machine. The first GOP primary debates usually get between 2-3million viewers in previous years. Trump shows up and Fox news got a record breaking 24 million viewers: "Trump is generally considered the biggest reason why Fox reached a startling 24 million people for the first GOP presidential debate earlier this month — the most watched program in Fox News history." http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015...p-tv.html?_r=0

Love him or hate him there's no denying the fact that the Nielsen numbers are showing he's pulling in record breaking crowds of viewers.
    Yes Dave, [[in my best Hal voice from 2001, A Space Odyssey.) Trump is a draw in the same way Kim Kardashian attracts audiences. For the life of.me , I can understand the situation that brought a business personality to the media frenzy of reality shows, but not a Presidential campaign. But that has more.to do with my lack.of judgement than so-called reality. After all, Californians had talking heads like Reagan and Schwarzenegger elected and I am still reeling from Reagan's presidency. No, I am not a good judge of presidential material.

I just found out Kanye West wants to enter the race in 2020. Kim Kardashian may become First Lady.

My wife's racist, xenophobic, gender-role subscribing old grandmother really loves Trump! I wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I read where someone wrote that Walker's style in Wisconsin was to out conservative his GOP opponents. He just keep moving further and further to the right.

Good luck on that one. The right flank of today's GOP is pretty far right...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast