Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Where's the yearly Lions season prediction thread?

I'm sorry if I cant remember the poster who starts the thread, but where is it? I've enjoyed it the last several years...

I say 8-8. I don't ever remember the Lie-downs making playoffs 2 yrs in a row... they are cursed until Ford family sells the team...

9-7, very tough schedule especially to open the season. I think they are the second best team in the division though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    I'm sorry if I cant remember the poster who starts the thread, but where is it? I've enjoyed it the last several years...
    I believe it was smogboy who always started this thread but I haven't seen him post for a while.

Offence a little better, defence a little worse, throw in the tough schedule and you get 8-8.

Vegas sports books have them at the usual 40-1 for the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I believe it was smogboy who always started this thread but I haven't seen him post for a while.

Offence a little better, defence a little worse, throw in the tough schedule and you get 8-8.
    I agree although I do spell offense differently. Lol.

I'm going to be in Vegas Labor Day week. I'll predict the over/under for the Lions is 8.5 wins.

We will learn, the hard way, that Suh made others look and be much better than they are [[without him).

I think it's a step back from last year. Defense has to be worse with the loss of Suh. If they stay healthy I'll say 10 and 6.
    The only thing that's going to make me happy is a playoff WIN. The second win in 58 years is a bit overdue. Last years great record and playoff appearance was exciting, but I want a playoff win. I'm not asking for the Super Bowl, I'm asking for a playoff win.
    Stafford has to step up, he has good receivers to throw at. A lot of the Lions sucess or lack of hinges on him.
    I hope to be at most of the games, I like Ford Field a lot, I think it's a great place to watch a game and it's filled with great fans.

I'll go with 10-6 Actually winning a playoff game would be cool and a great place to get the experience of how to do it would be winning In GB!

Lions 12-4 this season and will make the playoffs, lose in the second round.