Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Do you know who the f*!k you're robbing?!?

http://www.freep.com/article/2009080...west-side-home

Sorry, the cliched thread title was posted in the Freep comment section, and begged for reproduction on our beloved forum.

Just read the story and the snide Freep comments. Regardless of what she did, I'm glad nothing happen to her. We are in desperate times and her story is one of hundreds that is happening all over. This could have been a different story.

I too am absolutely relieved nothing happened to her or her children. I also wish someone would have dropped the attempted robbers where they stood.

Quote Originally Posted by 7miledog View Post
    I too am absolutely relieved nothing happened to her or her children. I also wish someone would have dropped the attempted robbers where they stood.
    I am going to sound mean but I love those stories when I hear that a would-be armed robber is gunned down when attempt to rob. Makes me realize that there is a GOD.

Detroit_ExPat Guest

http://www.freep.com/article/2009080...west-side-home

Sorry, the cliched thread title was posted in the Freep comment section, and begged for reproduction on our beloved forum.
    Whoa, did you see this in the comment section?

Maybe they should have tried the back door.....

Considering the damage this woman did to the city, the "crooks" are only doing what the "justice system" didn't.

I am for victims defending themselves especially if they know how to use a firearm. As far as the assailant goes; well, if he gets killed, he is one less fool out on the street.

Too bad my parents weren't so lucky. That's one of the main reasons they moved out of the city 30 years ago.
    Beatty lives in one of the "better" neighborhoods too.

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    Too bad my parents weren't so lucky. That's one of the main reasons they moved out of the city 30 years ago.
    Beatty lives in one of the "better" neighborhoods too.
    In this day and time, no one is safe. Did you hear about the lady in Utica? The dudes went to her house looking for her son about some money. No one safe in these hard times.

Ravine Guest

Some of the comments here lead me to think that some of the responding posters have not read the Freep article, wherein they would learn that no criminals were successfully gunned down.
    As for Beatty, in cases where it is a citizen-- even one whose behavior has been reprehensible-- vs. street criminals looking to assault & rob them, I am 100% on the side of the citizen, and I'm glad Beatty & her children were not harmed or domestically violated.
    I do, however, have a lingering curiosity as to the police response time following this particular incident.

MIRepublic Guest

When I saw this, my first thought was that I'd thought Beatty was long gone from Detroit. Glad to hear she was quick on her feet and able to protect the kids.