Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Morouns float idea of moving operations to train depot

There are two interesting ideas about MCS here:

- Morons...I mean Morouns moving part of their operation there from Warren. How many people could that entail? Do they have thousands of support jobs scattered around SE Michigan that could consolidate there? How many people could MCS even hold in the office tower. Are we talking the potential of 1,500 plus?

- The idea of a consolidated county complex on the site. In theory, there seems to be enough land around MCS to build a jail and new Wayne County Court House with the tower being support offices. This could be a big win if a renovated MCS is the product and a freed up Guardian attracts an anchor tenet. Thoughts?

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...bert/32323385/

Don't trust the Morouns. I wouldn't deal with them.

Morouns Float Idea Of Moving Operations To Train Depot

"Down Here Everyone Floats......."
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-25-15 at 11:17 PM.

Interesting proposals to say the least. A lot of focus on MCS is centered , and rightfully so, on the grand waiting room, with the tower kind of a lost thought. It'd be great to see that tower filled with workers, and the waiting room turned into a grand public space accessible to all.

But, as is everyone else is, I'm skeptical. Wayne County moving operations into the MCS? Who's gonna foot the bill to rehab the place for WC to move in, because I'm fairly certain the county doesn't have $100M + to blow on that. And I'm sure the rent on that place would be astronomically high due to the "Moroun" tax of doing business.

Let Moroun fix the place up and move it, or sell/lease to a tenant. Just not Wayne County.

Yeah right!

I would hope Matty does this and fixes the place up. The thread complaining about changes to the architecture in the renovation will be most entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by tkelly1986 View Post
    - The idea of a consolidated county complex on the site. In theory, there seems to be enough land around MCS to build a jail and new Wayne County Court House with the tower being support offices. This could be a big win if a renovated MCS is the product and a freed up Guardian attracts an anchor tenet. Thoughts?
    Build a jail and a courthouse on Slow's front porch, I mean, Roosevelt Park? In Corktown? You know the neighbors had a meeting a few years ago just to discuss the new grass that was planted there right?

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Build a jail and a courthouse on Slow's front porch, I mean, Roosevelt Park? In Corktown? You know the neighbors had a meeting a few years ago just to discuss the new grass that was planted there right?
    In back of the station where the rail beds/platform once was. There is only the need for two tracks going in to the tunnel, while the others sit idle.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Interesting proposals to say the least. A lot of focus on MCS is centered , and rightfully so, on the grand waiting room, with the tower kind of a lost thought. It'd be great to see that tower filled with workers, and the waiting room turned into a grand public space accessible to all.

But, as is everyone else is, I'm skeptical. Wayne County moving operations into the MCS? Who's gonna foot the bill to rehab the place for WC to move in, because I'm fairly certain the county doesn't have $100M + to blow on that. And I'm sure the rent on that place would be astronomically high due to the "Moroun" tax of doing business.

Let Moroun fix the place up and move it, or sell/lease to a tenant. Just not Wayne County.
    Didn't Wayne County just spend a ton of money to move into the Guardian building?

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Didn't Wayne County just spend a ton of money to move into the Guardian building?
    And it felt good! That's why they need to move somewhere else. You can't be important and spend other people's money for fun unless you do things. The need to move or whether the last move was done right have nothing to do with it. You do want an new, efficient Wayne County, don't you. So please pay your taxes, and make sure our pensions are available to us as early as possible, please.