Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default We Keeps it 300%

... One of the great phrases on the side of the abandoned buildings right next to the new arena site. Does anyone know if these structures will be torn down anytime soon? It seems like they should have been removed already....

What in God's name does "We keeps it 300%" mean, poor grammar and all?

^ whoever wrote it clearly goes three times the recommended 100%. [[Obviously I did not paint this on some building)

The idea is rendered in this handy chart:

Yeah... I've heard some youngsters say "Let's keep it 100" or "I'm keeping it 100" Maybe similar to "Keeping it real" I'm not good at deciphering "slang" terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    The idea is rendered in this handy chart:

The visual certainly helps, and I think I'm starting to understand. You wouldn't happen to have that on a pie-chart, would you?

Yeah, and there is a Facebook meme flying around boasting something about 100 proof...my friend was nonplussed when I mentioned that was merely halfway to her goal then.

Now it's likely she read that as my recommending her takes it to 200%, but...

That bar graph made me laugh out loud. Now I totally understand urban slang.

It's not a thing until it's a T-shirt. http://teespring.com/we-keeps-it-300-detroit

"We keeps it 313%" might work better. It alludes to Detroit without explicitly mentioning it. I think that's a frequent hook in PR campaigns — makes people think a bit.

That bar graph had me laughing so hard I cried! It's just the same when guys during a basketball game say "I'm the realest MotherF***er" out here. I told him that we were all "real" 3D beings, and I asked that perhaps he was in 4 dimensions, or had reached the 4th dimension aka 4D? But that question was just too much for him and he walked away.

Term made famous by rapper Kanye West, typically used to describe how someone is 300% real and honest, as opposed to the traditional "one hundred" percent real.

"I keep it three hundred, like the Romans!"

The verse where he says “Keep it 300 like the Romans” isn’t referencing the Greeks during that famous battle, but is instead referencing the Roman numeral for 300, which is CCC, an abbreviation for “cool calm and collected”. Thus, he’s keeping it 300

^^ First time I've heard of "keeping it 300" Always heard 100, but what the hell do I know? I'm too old for this _hit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    ^^ First time I've heard of "keeping it 300" Always heard 100, but what the hell do I know? I'm too old for this _hit anyway.
    If you factor in inflation, it's now 300.