Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Tracking Down Photos of 'Mr. Grayhaven'

I found some old photos of my grandfather when he lived in Oil City, PA from before 1910. I'm really curious if one of the photos [[or both) are photos including Edward Gray, Henry Ford's Chief Engineer from 1909 to 1914 and the developer of Grayhaven. Here's the clues that could help. Gray died in 1939 and was living at 1320 Berkshire, Grosse Pointe Park at that time. He was married to Agnes McGuigan then, having divorced first wife Nina Myer before 1920. His only child to survive to adulthood was Mildred who interestingly enough married Ray Dahlinger's brother-in-law [[yes, Evangeline Cote's brother- she of the possible affair with Henry Ford). His name was John Lafayette Cote. They had three children- Sally, Susan and Edward. Sally married Warren Packard III- yes the auto industry continues in this family! Anyway, all of that to see if anyone reading this has ever come across photos of Edward Gray other than the one of him sitting in Henry Ford's office. Sitting it's hard to tell anything about his size, etc.
    Here are the two photos I'm curious about- my grandfather to the right in both [[and obviously the chubby guy isn't Gray!) My grandfather worked for Gray in Oil City at Riverside Engine Company then came to Detroit with him a little later, in 1910, thus me curious if one or both of those photos are of Gray from those days in Oil City. [[He continued to work for Gray after he left Ford too, until 1919. He left for Pennsylvania then returned in 1937 and worked for Gray until he died and Gar Wood until grandpa died in 1945- some pretty interesting bosses!)
    Name:  3054457061_b1f2402c3a_o.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  164.8 KB
    Or one of these two on the left-
    Name:  oil city crop.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  61.4 KB
    Last edited by xdet; August-20-15 at 10:55 PM.

Oh, and that photo of Gray in Henry's office from 1913- Gray bottom row first on the left. This came from some book I found on-line.
    Name:  Edward Gray with H Ford.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  99.1 KB