Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Fiery tanker crash closes I-75 in Downriver

Sheesh, again? Another tanker explosion. I keep as far away from them as I can.

This one was again so hot that it has destroyed the pavement and northbound will be shut down for a week.

Good thing all the ground level bridges over the Rouge are working. NOT.

The crash was on the freeway near Outer Drive, at the Melvindale, Lincoln Park and Detroit borders. MDOT spokeswoman Diane Cross said motorists within the closure area can still access I-75 from Outer Drive, as the crash is on the freeway between an entrance ramp and Outer Drive.

"The surface of the concrete is incinerated on all lanes of northbound I-75," she said.

And apparently, "Barney Fife," the same one that threatened to start a riot at Grand Circus Park, is now threatening to blow this bridge up, as well as the ones you mentioned.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...4-ea4e004fa7a0

Southbound I-75 reopens after tanker crash

Photo at the link. Not much left of the truck.

On March 12, a fuel tanker carrying 13,000 gallons exploded into multiple fireballs, closing eastbound I-94 near Michigan Avenue and the Detroit-Dearborn border for days.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    And apparently, "Barney Fife," the same one that threatened to start a riot at Grand Circus Park, is now threatening to blow this bridge up, as well as the ones you mentioned.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...4-ea4e004fa7a0
    Enough with that Barney.

If I were to guess you and he are the same, or he's your friend.

When a sociopath threatens violence there is no reason to give him a megaphone.
    Last edited by bust; August-20-15 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Enough with that Barney.

If I were to guess you and he are the same, or he's your friend.

When a sociopath threatens violence there is no reason to give him a megaphone.
    Please be easy...me and Barney aren't the same people....argument over.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Please be easy...me and Barney aren't the same people....argument over.
    Argument over once you stop providing the megaphone.

Learn to merge, people. There is no reason for cars to crash when everyone is going the same way.

What is it about I-75 in the Detroit area, that attracts tanker trucks to crash and burn?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    What is it about I-75 in the Detroit area, that attracts tanker trucks to crash and burn?
    Lack of driver training in the schools. Amazing the idiot drivers you see in this city. And ZERO enforcement. But let's put up new LED street lights, that will help.

The closer I get to Detroit each day, the worse the driving.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    The closer I get to Detroit each day, the worse the driving.

But it is the insurance companies fault that the rates are high!

According to the Detroit News it was driver error....duh...he either was speeding or fell asleep. Due to his condition they have been unable to speak to him as of this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    But it is the insurance companies fault that the rates are high!
    It's also the only place where I've been hit from behind [[and spun around) on an empty expressway and the other car sped away.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    According to the Detroit News it was driver error....duh...he either was speeding or fell asleep. Due to his condition they have been unable to speak to him as of this point.
    He has died of his injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    He has died of his injuries.
    Burns over 90% of his body. He didn't have a chance; miserable way to go out.