Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Poor Girl's Gonna Grow a Complex

Caught this on my daily DrudgeReport trolling for information...

...an advertisement for skin products using a Swedish Supermodel is seriously freaking out hundreds of thousands of people in Scandinavia.

http://www.thelocal.se/21116/20090805/

Poor Girl...

i don't get what their so scared about.

ccbatson Guest

I don't get it either.

After watching it a few times, I think it is about the lighting emphasizing her skull and deep-setting her eyes...and it looks as if they doctored her eyes in the middle of it somehow. I'd have to frame-by-frame it to see what I'm sensing through fast motion, but something fishy might be going on.

For Scandinavians, though, it might be the juxtaposition of the old fairy-tale song, her haunting image with that lighting, and the tag line...so two-of-three contributors might be totally lost on Americans.

Cheers

OMG, That is Scary!!!

Another female Swedish singer

Garmarna - Gamen ice queen!

Gamen / The vulture lyrics to previous song into English

In the old religion, the gods fought the snow giants annually creating winter and then summer as the snow giants were driven back north. This is the only religion I know of in which it was believed that the gods would eventually lose.

English words with a Scandinavian history include "berserk" and "grim".

Garmarna

ccbatson Guest

OK, slightly dark, not scary.

I don't get it.