If any one thing killed dETROITfUNK, it was WDIV/Click On Detroit.On Sunday August 16th 2015, I went to read stories about the anniversary of Flight 255 crashing on Middlebelt Road near I-94.

To my shock and surprise, I found a Click On Detroit article with one of my photographs – complete with my copyright watermark on the bottom. It took me several hours to get it taken down, and the guy on the phone promised an editor would call me in the morning to explain and apologize. Nobody ever did that. I went downtown to WDIV to give them a modest invoice of one hundred dollars, and was sent away by security after they talked to the web editor.

I eventually talked to WDIVs News Director. She chuckled at the idea of paying my invoice and said she would look at it, and send it upstairs to see what they say. Gee, thanks a lot. It isn’t like somebody can give you back a photograph they already enjoyed the use of, that is like shoplifting a candy bar and eating it and giving the wrapper back to the shop keeper after you get caught red handed.
Well, damn that sucks one of the best sites about Detroit is gone.

http://detroitfunk.com/in-the-final-analysis/