Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Answer to the "Upgrade of Traffic Barrels" problem.

It is being suggested that the state pay money to "Upgrade" the traffic barrels to a more visible reflective type using funds that could be better spent on our horrible pothole problem. Well...I have the answer!!!!
    You know how they have the National Star Registry? Well, how about the Michigan Traffic Barrel and Cone Registry? For a fee, you could have a loved ones name put on a traffic cone, barrel, or flashing light barrel. And for a slightly higher fee, you could be furnished with a barrel with a G.P.S. locater so you would know just where your loved ones barrel or cone was located.
    I think this would more than pay for the cost and possibly with any leftover funds, possibly repair a few potholes in the process.
    Any comments?????
    Just wondering.....

WTF! Why are people so dumb! Put this toward fixing the damn roads!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dguy4evr View Post
    It is being suggested that the state pay money to "Upgrade" the traffic barrels to a more visible reflective type using funds that could be better spent on our horrible pothole problem. Well...I have the answer!!!!
    You know how they have the National Star Registry? Well, how about the Michigan Traffic Barrel and Cone Registry? For a fee, you could have a loved ones name put on a traffic cone, barrel, or flashing light barrel. And for a slightly higher fee, you could be furnished with a barrel with a G.P.S. locater so you would know just where your loved ones barrel or cone was located.
    I think this would more than pay for the cost and possibly with any leftover funds, possibly repair a few potholes in the process.
    Any comments?????
    Just wondering.....
    Use the money to put some troopers out there to "reward" driver behavior in construction zones, especially those who need to pass instead of pacing traffic and merging properly, or those who deliberately tailgate to prevent a normal merge. Put a $1k fine on it. And reduce the early warning for lane changes from 2 mile to maybe 500 feet. Works in Ohio. And it would solve the road funding problem.