Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 1987 Video Documentary about Woodward Ave...

A decent look back at Woodward, with plenty of footage of the area from 1987 mixed in.

*Question for Lowell*

At the 36:00 mark, they visit a Gallery along Woodward. The piece they examine appears to resemble your other works I've seen online, is it one of yours?

Yep, that's one of Lowell's.

Thank You for the clarification/links. What a terrific bunch of paintings.

This seems as good a place as any to plug in this vintage video. It's a bit over 15 minutes.

The History of Detroit Street Names

At 4:50 — Does anyone pronounce "Gratiot" like that?

Woodward had a mighty big schnoz!

Wow, what a blast from the past and how nice to see my then gallery rep Mary Wright.

As I recall that painting was acquired by a law firm in the Madden building.

For those curious about the painting technique she was explaining there is this YouTube video https://youtu.be/wxCeJUOfKmM which also includes Stephen Goodfellow, esteban on this forum, with whom I co-developed the painting technique known as micropointillism.

Love how it took you four or five days to discover the fact people have been speaking about your site/art four or five days past the fact. Reconfirms how far this site has fallen. Used to be people who lived here and cared about Detroit were the primary contributers. Now, it's a bunch of ex-pats. Member since 1998. Ugh.
    Last edited by Eric_c; August-15-15 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_c View Post
    Love how it took you four or five days to discover the fact people have been speaking about your site/art four or five days past the fact. Reconfirms how far this site has fallen. Used to be people who lived here and cared about Detroit were the primary contributers. Now, it's a bunch of ex-pats. Member since 1998. Ugh.
    Thanks for that Eric. I guess I don't get to take any time off and should read every thread every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_c View Post
    What the eff? So you're butthurt because of an inconsequential post about a cheesy doc about Woodward was not responded to 'in time' by Lowell [[didn't realize there was a time in which posts had to be responded to) and then you blame it on posters here who don't live in the city? Not sorry we don't live and breath at our keyboards. I feel sorry that you seem to.

In other words, your post doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, the doc is pretty cool to see. It's cool see the avenue before I knew it. So much has changed, so much hasn't.