Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Where can I find vacant lots for sale in Detroit?

I went to the Detroit Land Bank and their listings won't be up until late August. Anywhere else I should look if I want to buy a [[cheap) lot?

Auction is tommorow 8/6 bid4assets.com
    Last edited by Richard; August-05-15 at 12:32 PM.

there was a cheap lot on commonwealth a couple months ago. Found it on Trulia. It was like 13K

What are you going to do with the lot?

Remember there's also the website "Why don't we own this" which lists the owners of all the homes/lots - so if I see you own a lot and are just sitting on it - I have an added excuse to have an accident on your property and sue you for damages as a negligent owner. With the internet - it's 30 seconds to google someone's name from Why Don't we Own This, cross reference to Linkedin/Facebook and see where the money [[i.e. golden opportunities to sue someone with deep pockets) lies.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    there was a cheap lot on commonwealth a couple months ago. Found it on Trulia. It was like 13K
    Cheap as in $100 a lot.

For the $100 lots, You have to already own the neighboring property. These were side lot sales. Otherwise you are at the whims of the normal real estate market.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    For the $100 lots, You have to already own the neighboring property. These were side lot sales. Otherwise you are at the whims of the normal real estate market.
    Actually, I heard that you can also buy lots on either side of your property. I believe there's this program on channel 10 that mentions someone doing just that in Brightmoor as she's into urban farming.

I purchased two lots on either side of my mother's house for $200.00 each. First I went to the Register of Deeds office in Greektown where I purchased a printout of the block my mother lived on for $15.00. The printout was of both sides of the street. Included in the printout were all of the empty lots available for purchase. Then I had to go to a City of Detroit office on Cadillac Square to pay for them and receive ownership papers.

Looking at the Hantz Farms website, I stumbled across their maps section which not only shows the properties they own, but shows [[if you move your cursor around) literally every property in Detroit and who owns it. I don't know how up to date it is, but it was very insightful.

It looks like Hantz Farms is using maps from Why Don't We Own This/Loveland.