Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Me TV to launch tomorrow on 4

Watch the national feed every day on Uverse 136. It's great to see it finally establish an OTA presence here.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/87283/metv-adds-wdiv-detroit-to-roster
    Weigel Broadcasting’s multicast network MeTV, Memorable Entertainment Television, has entered into an affiliation agreement with Graham Media’s NBC affiliate WDIV Detroit [[DMA 12) to carry the classic TV diginet on a subchannel.
    With the addition of WDIV to its affiliate lineup, this fall MeTV will be available in 98 of the top 100 U.S. markets.

Marla Drutz, WDIV VP-GM, said: "We're thrilled to introduce MeTV to our viewers here in Detroit. MeTV's library of TV classics allows us to provide our viewers with some of the most popular and enjoyed shows ever on television."
    Neal Sabin, vice chairman of Weigel Broadcasting Co., said: "WDIV’s ownership and management make ideal affiliate partners. Bringing MeTV to Detroit has taken some time, however this proves that good things come to those who wait for just the right situation. We are thrilled to be with WDIV.”
    Major media groups that have MeTV affiliates include: Hearst, Gray, Raycom, Sinclair, Media General, OTA Broadcasting, Bonten, E.W. Scripps, News-Press & Gazette Co., Nexstar, Hubbard, Bahakel, Cox, Morgan Murphy, Dispatch, Titan, Tegna and the CBS Television Station Group.
    MeTV’s library includes almost 100 classic series from Warner Bros., Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution, CBS Television Distribution, NBCUniversal Television as well as many independent series owners and producers.
    What do you think of this?

Nothing wrong with more choice! I cut cable and use OTA channels, Netflix, and Hulu to keep myself entertained.

More choice is always a good thing, but this station looks exactly like Deacdes which has been soft-launching on one of the 62 sub-bands for few months now.

I'd like to see another movie channel. The Movies! sub-channel on 2 is fantastic. ThisTV isn't bad, but they play a lot of filler.

With the excellent lineup of over the air broadcasting, combined with Netflix and Amazon Prime, I'm really not missing cable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    More choice is always a good thing, but this station looks exactly like Deacdes which has been soft-launching on one of the 62 sub-bands for few months now.
    Look at this first, then you may prove yourself wrong.
    Me-TV [[stylized as MeTV, and serving as a backronym for its on-air slogan "Memorable Entertainment Television") is an American broadcast television network that is owned by Weigel Broadcasting and distributed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.[2] Marketed as "The Definitive Destination for Classic TV," the network mainly airs sitcomsand drama series from the 1950s through the 1990s, which are sourced primarily from the libraries of CBS Television Distribution and 20th Television. Through its ownership by Weigel, Me-TV is sister to three other networks that source their programming content from the network's distributors: rerun-focused networks Heroes & Icons and Decades [[the latter being an upcoming joint venture with CBS Television Stations), and the film-focused Movies! [[a joint venture with Fox Television Stations). Me-TV is carried on a digital subchannel of an affiliated television station in most markets; however, some of Me-TV's stations carry the network as a primary affiliation on their main channel, and a small number of stations air select programs from the network alongside their regular general entertainment schedules. The network is also available nationwide on free-to-air C-band satellite via SES-1 in the DVB-S format,[3] and since December 13, 2012, on AT&T U-verse channel 136 in some markets. Me-TV's operations are based out of Weigel Broadcasting's corporate headquarters on North Halsted Street in Chicago, Illinois.
    And view this too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...dcast_by_Me-TV

Me TV is on. Only the logo is showing. Logo says Me TV Detroit.
    We cut off cable and satellite years ago and don't miss them at all or paying the high price bill.

Quote Originally Posted by msamslex View Post
    We cut off cable and satellite years ago and don't miss them at all or paying the high price bill.
    Same here, didn't even have to perform a rescan.

4.3 if you're interested in seeing the Me TV logo and the blue words DETROIT over a black screen with looping seconds-long white noise.

If you're on Uverse or WOW and have the national Me TV feed, M*A*S*H is almost over, The Andy Griffith Show will be up next.

neat, I guess. who's the target audience?

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Look at this first, then you may prove yourself wrong.
    Right - Quincy, Perry Mason and Hawaii Five-O were already played, in their entirety, on Cozi TV. Decades played every episode of The Saint, Naked City, Man from UNCLE and Mission Impossible. I think Laff is playing The Lucy Show.

Again, it's nice there's another channel, I just wish there was less overlap with what has already been on. It would be cool if they had a night gallery / twilight zone/ outer limits block, or something like that. Columbo is awesome, but every episode is available on Netflix.

Right - Quincy, Perry Mason and Hawaii Five-O were already played, in their entirety, on Cozi TV.
    Since when they were on Cozi TV?

Have it on WOW. Need some new shows to run. Rifleman and Emergency have entered 4th series of reruns.

More monkey network programs that show cancelled reject class tv.

Actually, NOT every episode of Columbo is on Netflix and least not on their streaming service end. Many have complained. But no change...

Columbo is awesome, but every episode is available on Netflix.

I don't do cable either. Only stream thru ROKU in tandem with a RCA converter box. I'll have to rescan by converter box to see if I can get this channel. What is it's channel number?

Quote Originally Posted by msamslex View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I don't do cable either. Only stream thru ROKU in tandem with a RCA converter box. I'll have to rescan by converter box to see if I can get this channel. What is it's channel number?
    It's on 4.3, still showing the same test pattern right now though.

^^^ Hmm, my converter box is not showing that channel. At least not now...

I get 4.2 'THIS Detroit' Channel, but not 4.3?
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-31-15 at 11:20 PM.

I love MeTv! It's one of the few channels I miss since I cut the WOW cord.
    I'm glad WDIV has added it to their lineup.........now if only I could see more than the "MeTv Detroit" logo I'd be a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Since when they were on Cozi TV?
    When Cozi first came on a year or so ago. I may be wrong about Hawaii 5-0 - it may have been on Antenna TV or RetroTV - but I remember seeing it on.

I telephoned WDIV asking when MeTv programming would begin. She didn't know but was kind enough to have someone look into it&call me back. According to the information the station has viewers will see MeTv programming on August third.
    I'm so grateful to WDIV for adding MeTv to their tier!

Me TV on 4.3 went on the air just a while ago, the first program an episode of Emergency!.

Thank you Mturb! Guess the WDIV employee & the MeTv website were wrong.......&I'm tickled!!
    Thanks again for letting us know.

Right now, I am starting to watch Svengoolie on 4.3. The highly-popular Chicago-based horror show returns to OTA television in the Detroit-Windsor International Metropolis market for the first time since one of the original incarnations briefly aired on channel 50 back in the 1970's.

Tonight he's showing Kiss of the Vampire, a Hammer classic from the early 1960's.