Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Broderick Grille

Does anyone know if this fell through? The main floor of the Broderick Tower has appeared to be under construction for a long time with no progress.

It supposedly is a Mike Higgins project...based on that alone, lets see, oh, somewhere between now and never.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Does anyone know if this fell through? The main floor of the Broderick Tower has appeared to be under construction for a long time with no progress.
    Higgins will complete the Broderick Grille as soon as he is done with his other major project which is converting the Leland Hotel into a Ritz Carlton. There is only so much working capital, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    Higgins will complete the Broderick Grille as soon as he is done with his other major project which is converting the Leland Hotel into a Ritz Carlton. There is only so much working capital, you know.
    from 2012
    The Broderick Tower will be home to a 175-seat restaurant called The Broderick Grill, a 40-seat wine bar called La Cave and an 80-seat yet-to-be named biergarten.

Mike Higgins, president of Detroit-based Broderick Restaurant Group, said the increasing number of people working and living in the city prompted the decision to open the new restaurants.

Higgins said the company spent about $600,000 to build all three restaurants, which are expected to open by mid-February.

"We are right in the middle of the entertainment district, and we have the Detroit Opera House, Fillmore Theater and Music Hall within a two-block radius," Higgins said. "There are even more restaurants coming to the area, but I think there will be a need for them."
    The fact that space remains empty is sort of shocking....considering all the money he's spent on getting it open. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    Is that true? I haven't heard about that.

My question is that why is there a need for three restaurants, two of which are alcohol-centric, needed for one building? What about a haberdasher? Pet store? Home goods?

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post

My question is that why is there a need for three restaurants, two of which are alcohol-centric, needed for one building? What about a haberdasher? Pet store? Home goods?
    Why is there a need to serve hard liquor in a men's barber shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Who does that?

This one really is puzzling. At least lease the space to a restaurateur to build it out and bring in revenue. I really don't get how letting it sit is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    from 2012

The fact that space remains empty is sort of shocking....considering all the money he's spent on getting it open. lol.
    For the record, $600K for 3 bars/restaurants of that size is nothing. As someone in the business, he needs at least 3x that number to complete these projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post

LOL That would be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Sigh....you haven't heard it because he was being sarcastic

There is actually a barber shop in Atlanta that does give hard liquor to it's customers..