Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Mista Alan Guest

Default Slow's On A Saturday Night

I've been to Slow's plenty of times in the afternoons. I've had to wait only a handful of times...but it's always busy, I know. Never been there at night. Gonna be downtown till about 10 tomorrow night, could get to Slows by 10:30 or so. Should I expect a huge wait to get in?

Mista Alan Guest

Default bump

bump bump bump bump

I haven't been there that late in a while but would think you would be safe... You could bring a sweatshirt and be able to sit out on the patio at that time... I know when you get there between 5 and 8:30 they say about an hour and a half for the wait.... Just make sure you beat tiger traffic and you should be ok...

Several weeks ago I went at 10:15. At that point it was full, but there was a small table open and I was seated there. I would say at 10:30 your wait will be short or nonexistent.

Don't be surprised if they've run out of some things by then. I think they cook only for a day's worth of empty bellies! Closer to close you arrive, less chance of everything being in stock, excepting the beers.

Why don't you call ahead first, make a new friend?! I'm sure the person who answers the phone will be mightily helpful, as long as you don't call during lunch or dinner rush.

Cheers, enjoy!