Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Town house restaurant at congress and woodward

Drove thru downtown last night and watched as some inconsiderate and obviously overserved 20 somethings were leaving this restaurant, jay-walking across Congress Street, blocking traffic. One particularly charming fellow screamed F U, MOTHER F***er at the car ahead of me tapped his horn and flashed his hi beams as the suave and debonair Casanova deep kissed his "gf" and as he simultaneously pulled up her abreviated skirt and grabbed her ass with both hands in the middle of Congress Street. Didn't wait to see if he plowed her on the Mercedes Benz SUV hood before speeding off to Birmingham. Hope this is not indicative of the crowd this place promises to attract feasting on their $19.00 USD, 7 oz burger made from 28 cuts of dry age mystery...err...beef in the glass enclosed year around retractable pavillion.

So you're mad?

I gather the pedestrian street obstacles where a bit 'tanked-up' beyond culinary offerings consumed.

I've never understood people carrying on in the middle of the street oblivious to traffic.

So if I understand the OP correctly, he's considering writing off a city of ~700,000 and a restaurant with thousands of patrons because he encountered a few assholes?

If so, the city will be better off without people who think like the OP.

Frankly, I would have wrote off the suburbs long ago if I let the trailer trash who live in some of the places get to me.
    Last edited by 313WX; July-26-15 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    So if I understand the OP correctly, he's considering writing off a city of ~700,000 and a restaurant with thousands of patro z because he encountered a few assholes?

If so, the city will be better off without people who think like the OP.

Frankly, I would have wrote off the suburbs long ago if I let the trailer trash who live in some of the places get to me.
    Where did the OP write that he was considering writing off the city or the restaurant? He wrote no such thing.

You're trying to stir up controversy by putting words into his mouth.

And frankly, the city will be better off without people behaving so vulgarly in the middle of the street as the folks the OP observed. Some people have no idea of what constitutes proper decorum.
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; July-26-15 at 10:40 AM.

This sort of behavior is pretty typical in big cities with active night life. Heck, they don't even have to be big cities. I've seen the same thing in Ann Arbor on the weekends. More people downtown means more variety of people downtown and some of them will be assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    You're trying to stir up controversy by putting words into his mouth.
    No, I'm trying to understand the point of their post. especially when comments like this...

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    Didn't wait to see if he plowed her on the Mercedes Benz SUV hood before speeding off to Birmingham. Hope this is not indicative of the crowd this place promises to attract feasting on their $19.00 USD, 7 oz burger made from 28 cuts of dry age mystery...err...beef in the glass enclosed year around retractable pavillion.
    are made.

So he ran across a few assholes. What's the big deal that it warranted a thread here?
    Last edited by 313WX; July-26-15 at 12:11 PM.

And frankly, the city will be better off without people behaving so vulgarly in the middle of the street as the folks the OP observed. Some people have no idea of what constitutes proper decorum.
    Oh well. I know personally, can't control how other people behave as every one of us have free will to act as we please. As someone else said, you're going to encounter all sorts of different people in a big city, for better or worse.

That said, I'm not going to let just a few bad apples spoil the bunch, ruin my good time and chase me away either...

So he ran across a few assholes. What's the big deal that it warranted a thread here?
    Apparently it was a big enough deal for you to comment on it and allege that the OP was "considering writing off a city of ~700,000 and a restaurant with thousands of patrons because he encountered a few assholes" when he mentioned no such thing.

.... every one of us have free will to act as we please.
    People have a responsibility to behave responsibility and to show respect to others. Engaging in lewd behavior in the middle of a public street, blocking traffic and shouting obscenities at motorists is hardly something that anyone has a right to do.

Unfortunately many millennials [[and some in other generations) seem to feel that there are no boundaries in life and that standards of decency and good manners are meaningless.

^^^ Yeah the same 'no rules' non-conformist types clowning-out this way will 'lawyer-up' fast should they get in trouble or hurt. It's pain to drive in this kind of scene.

I'd hate driving behind these stoners on the road. It's a wonder they make it home without causing an accident.

Engaging in lewd behavior in the middle of a public street, blocking traffic and shouting obscenities at motorists is hardly something that anyone has a right to do.
    Well you be sure to get out of your car if you ever witness such behavior and tell said people what you just said to their face, and then tell me how well things go for you...

Unless you're armed, trained and ready to shoot I would not advise it. You never know who's packing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Unless you're armed, trained and ready to shoot I would not advise it. You never know who's packing.
    And even the best armed and trained person would be in for a rude awakening if there's 2 or more against 1, as we're not living in Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee movies...

^^^ Eh, true that!!! Even Chow Yun Fat with the two guns ala the Killer might find it daunting!

When I see such goings on, I just try to turn down another street. I don't want confrontation. It can bow very badly. Fast!
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-26-15 at 02:04 PM.

Well you be sure to get out of your car if you ever witness such behavior and tell said people what you just said to their face, and then tell me how well things go for you...
    I must ask you, do you support such lewd behavior? Do you think it is OK?

Apparently it was a big enough deal for you to comment on it and allege that the OP was "considering writing off a city of ~700,000 and a restaurant with thousands of patrons because he encountered a few assholes" when he mentioned no such thing.

Well please do tell, what other reason would the OP post such a thing in a forum about Detroit?

The part of my post you quoted had a question mark at the end, which thus means I'm trying to confirm the purpose of the OP's thread.

Since you're probably not a mind reader and [[as far as we know) not the OP, there's a good chance you can't answer my question. And since my question wasn't directed towards you, why are you so riled up over it?
    Last edited by 313WX; July-26-15 at 02:10 PM.

I must ask you, do you support such lewd behavior? Do you think it is OK?
    I never said nor implied such a thing.

Well please do tell, what other reason would the OP post such a thing in a forum about Detroit?

The part of my post you quoted had a question mark at the end, which thus means I'm trying to confirm the purpose of the OP's thread.

Since you're not a mind reader and not the OP, there's a good change you can't answer my question.
    Apparently you must be a mind reader because you stated that he was considering "writing off the city.....".

There was nothing to confirm except that your imagination was running wild. You were attempting to change the purpose of the OP's thread to suit what you imagined his intent to be but which he never said.

You were attempting to change the purpose of the OP's thread...
    What IS the purpose of the OP's thread?

I never said nor implied such a thing.

So then is it safe to assume that you do not condone such behavior by the youngsters in question?

What IS the purpose of the OP's thread?
    A thoughtful reading of the original post leads me to believe that he was trying to point out some awful behavior by some very ill-mannered young folks in a public street and that his hope was that this new restaurant is not patronized by a preponderance of people who behave in a similar fashion.

So then is it safe to assume that you do not condone such behavior by the youngsters in question?
    You can assume whatever you please. I'm simply trying to understand the purpose of the OP's thread.

Why was a thread about them encountering a few assholes posted in a forum about Detroit? Why did the OP think it was prudent to mention they were "speeding off to Birmingham?" Why are they even concerned about the encounter they had with a few assholes being indicative of a crowd that's attracted?

he was trying to point out some awful behavior by some very ill-mannered young folks in a public street and that his hope was that this new restaurant is not patronized by a preponderance of people who behave in a similar fashion.
    Why is it so unique to Detroit that a thread on "DetroitYes" had to be created for it? Why is the OP's occurrence any more special than other people's encounter with assholes in other places?

You can assume whatever you please. I'm simply trying to understand the purpose of the OP's thread.

Why was a thread about them encountering a few assholes posted in a forum about Detroit? Why did the OP think it was prudent to mention they were "speeding off to Birmingham?" Why are they even concerned about the encounter they had with a few assholes being indicative of a crowd that's attracted?
    Again, the OP did not say that this behavior was indicative of the crowd that's attracted. He said "Hope this is not indicative of the crowd this place promises to attract". Please try to read and understand the words as they are written and not how you imagine them to be.

Why are you so greatly disturbed by the original thread? There are scores of silly and meaningless threads on this bulletin board.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast