Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Should Detroit Complain that Windsor is too Quiet?

Apparently some in Windsor think Detroit is too loud. So in the amusing spirit of the Windsor for Sale thread should Detroit issue a counter-complaint that Windsor is too quiet and sleepy and therefore damaging our region's tourist-excitement appeal and reputation [not to mention Windsor's final sale price]?

Seriously though these complaints have gone back and forth over time the Windsor-sponsored Red Bull air races [which I loved and miss] being the most egregious.

Isn't this a case of, "Hey, you're in a big international city. What do you expect."

Windsor is complaining about a noisy neighbor — the city of Detroit.
    Some Windsor residents took their gripes to city hall following a late-night party at Chene Park over the weekend.

“The Ultimate White Party” featured music until 2 a.m., with guests dressing in all-white outfits. Event organizers say instead of its normal configuration, speakers were directed toward the Detroit River for the event.

The party is among a growing number of events along Detroit’s riverfront as part of the city’s revitalization. Norma Coleman, chief of staff to Windsor Mayor Drew Dilkens, says noise from parties is expected on both sides of the river, but there was more last weekend.

Windsor officials plan to send Detroit a letter to formally address the noise issue.
    http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/07/...s-along-river/

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Apparently some in Windsor think Detroit is too loud. So in the amusing spirit of the Windsor for Sale thread should Detroit issue a counter-complaint that Windsor is too quiet and sleepy and therefore damaging our region's tourist-excitement appeal and reputation [not to mention Windsor's final sale price]?

Seriously though these complaints have gone back and forth over time the Windsor-sponsored Red Bull air races [which I loved and miss] being the most egregious.

Isn't this a case of, "Hey, you're in a big international city. What do you expect."
    CBC has picked up the story nationally in Canada, so rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd tack a link to their report here.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windso...-ont-1.3165176

I think we should round up the Detroit Militia and rally @ Fort Wayne. Just in case........eh?

Burton Cummings [[singer of Canadian rock band The Guess Who) will be playing on the river front at the rencen on Friday. Lets see if they complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Burton Cummings [[singer of Canadian rock band The Guess Who) will be playing on the river front at the rencen on Friday. Lets see if they complain about that.
    I urge anyone who hasn't seen him live to go. It's a great opportunity to see him in a small venue and his voice is still great.

I saw a large multi-tent set up with a huge stage behind the Fort Street Young US Post Office this past Thursday... not far from the Ambassador Bridge. That was not going to be a quiet event!

I think the venues need to consider the acoustics of the river and the buildings more carefully. Houses several miles away shouldn't have to deal with noise.

They'll be making lots of noise in Windsor when the Leafs win the Cup this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    They'll be making lots of noise in Windsor when the Leafs win the Cup this season.
    Pardon the thread draft... Does anyone know what the Windsor fan base percentage split is, between the wings and leafs fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Pardon the thread draft... Does anyone know what the Windsor fan base percentage split is, between the wings and leafs fans?
    Strictly a guess but I would say it would be about 3-1 in favor of the Wings. I never understood the loyalty to a city's team just because it's in your province/country. Seattle had at least 50% Jays fans at the Mariners games all weekend and yet Vancouverites hate all things Toronto. Why not cheer for the local team, the Mariners, when you can go to the games in a couple of hours drive as well as see them on tv?

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Why not cheer for the local team, the Mariners, when you can go to the games in a couple of hours drive as well as see them on tv?
    I think this is the case in most places, but it depends a great deal on how you're brought up. As mentioned earlier, the wings fans outnumber others in Windsor. I'd also point out all the Tigers fans in NW Ohio. Then we have the Phoenix Coyotes. They have fans, but many of those fans put on the winged wheel when the Red Wings come to town.