Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Will the Wayne Co Budget Crisis Permit Snyder To Get The Jail 2 Mound?

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/opi...jail/30551085/

Could be a blessing in disguise [[the WC financial crisis)...

I am a big fan of selling to Gilbert and let him BUILD something big.

Ideal for me is building a big new jail on Mound and letting Gilbert have the FJ site for a reasonable sum. I am completely against any other moving of jail and court facilities to Mound. The FMHOJ and the central booking downtown jail need to stay put-- central location for such court facilities is crucial for so many reasons. And these things do not ruin an up and coming downtown spot-- even for new residents. See downtown Brooklyn.

I don't think the Mound location is a good area for government offices nor do I really think it's that big of a deal if Gilbert doesn't get that land downtown. The only places I could see the courts being moved to would be New Center, somewhere near MGM Grand and the Police/Fire HQ, or near the Greyhound bus terminal.

I guess we'll see what happens. I just hope that hulk of a mess is actually built into something instead of just laying fallow. I predict that some kind of private investment will come into play with a building of a new jail. So who all are the big "private" correctional services who are probably wondering about this?