Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default How Human Resources Manipulates and Spies on You, Even When You’re Not at Work

In fact, the open office concept often resembles the prison panopticon design, which allows a single watchman to observe and control many inmates.The only time an employee has a legal and reasonable expectation of privacy is when they are using the bathroom or getting undressed, also employers may not record union meetings. Still, some employers have been known to break even some of these rules, claiming that they have substantial need to film employees in such situations.

http://www.alternet.org/civil-libert...youre-not-work

And all one needs is to create a bunch of arbitrary cartoonish [[maybe by someone with chauvinistic tendencies) illustrations to diffuse the all around stress of the employees, give them something to pin up, talk around the water cooler, and keep insurrection down to an all time low.

Oh, yeah-derp-they already got that! It was called "Dilbert".

I've always been irked by the phrase "Human Resources". In my day it was simply "Personnel". Why use two words when one will do? But the academics, as usual, had to make it sound uppity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I've always been irked by the phrase "Human Resources". In my day it was simply "Personnel". Why use two words when one will do? But the academics, as usual, had to make it sound uppity.
    I don't know that it's the fault of academics but I have to agree. To me, "resources" carries with it the peripheral ideas of things that can be used, exploited or depleted. It's hard to imagine anyone having any real respect for a mere "resource."

Combine that with "human" and it just reminds me of soylent green.

Not to be Sinophobic [[in fact, in many ways, I'm quite the opposite), but keep in mind that China's largest "resource" is it's large population of people.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Not to be Sinophobic [[in fact, in many ways, I'm quite the opposite), but keep in mind that China's largest "resource" is it's large population of people.
    That'll work dirt cheap.