Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Too Much Dreaming about Detroit?

A couple of nights ago I actually dreamt of a scene similar to this on Woodward Av. Maybe I'm just getting a little too caught up in Downtown Detroit's revival, but has anyone else imagined any appealing scenarios for what may again be Detroit's best address, even if it's not quite Knightsbridge? Name:  19750293591_59cda49827_o.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  78.0 KB
    Last edited by A2Mike; July-20-15 at 10:22 AM.

I want to respond to this but I don't want it to sway from your original intent. I have many daydreams about this city. Some are common, stable neighborhoods and clean streets. Some are more thorough. Such as envisioning some corridors as they could be. It would be cool to Cass Avenue become our version of Toronto's Queen St. W. Or Livernois between Six and Eight Mile a mini Upper East Side. Jefferson turned into Park Avenue of the Midwest. It's ripe for dense a streetscape. I could also see that for the Boulevard between Oakland and the Lodge. And then the rise of the North End into a truly middle to upper-middle class urban section ala Bedford Park in Toronto or Bay Ridge in Brooklyn.

I also, literally, dreamt a scene where I was walking along Woodward and it was as busy as any other major city's main drag [[In that dream I remember I stepped into a record store).

In my humble opnion, 10 Witherell St. is the finest address one could have. David Broderick Tower. Those views, the array of close downtown amenities you have, and soon to be along a streetcar line. It's quite the residence.

Quote Originally Posted by A2Mike View Post
    A couple of nights ago I actually dreamt of a scene similar to this on Woodward Av. Maybe I'm just getting a little too caught up in Downtown Detroit's revival, but has anyone else imagined any appealing scenarios for what may again be Detroit's best address, even if it's not quite Knightsbridge?
    Where's the bail bonds joint?

It's been a while since I dreamed about living in Detroit.

I would be dreaming of the old neighborhood and watching the houses decay and disappear and still living there. Of my house just being a shell of itself ready to join the others. The toilet and tub barely functioning, wooden stairs giving away.

It's been awhile since those dreams and only thought of them because of A2Mike...

This is a representation of the images in my dreams not unlike the real neighborhood I grew up in. Then slowly the houses disappear until it looks like Dresden after the Great War. One here one there...

Last edited by Dan Wesson; July-20-15 at 05:47 PM.

The American dream has to be an all-encompassing one. One that makes room for all, not just the predestined, so far as we know who the predestined have been, so far.

I believe in the greatness of the United States, but I would bet a loonie the future of Detroit will be bleak if the prerequisite I just stated does not become fate.

I did not know that Dresden sustained damage in The Great War [[WW1). Dresden took considerable damage in WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by the rock View Post
    I did not know that Dresden sustained damage in The Great War [[WW1). Dresden took considerable damage in WW2.

My bad.....

I stand corrected but I blame poetic license, alliteration and looking through the glass darkly.

You are a good man, Dan. I can accept poetic license, even dark glass, but illiteration? That's pushing the definition a tad far! Regards.