• Trump, Donald [[R)

0 0%
  • Walker, Scott [[R)

0 0%
  • Other

3 11.54%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Being nondenominational, I'm not sure who to vote for.

https://berniesanders.com/about/

Not all that enthused that Paul Ryan is now House Speaker.

Yes, the same one who ramrodded a St. Vincent dePaul's Soup Kitchen to clean an already clean pot for a photo-op. http://www.businessinsider.com/paul-...dishes-2012-10I think there was a similar situation long ago where a candidate [[was it Hoover?) dressed up in farmer's over-alls for a photo-op to appeal to the "sons of the soil" farmer, only to have the farmers easily notice he was wearing fancy Italian shoes.

One of the many high points I had visiting Rochester, was going to Mass and having the priest give one last announcement at the end of the service. He explained that Romney had just chosen Ryan as his running mate and that this was the same Ryan who just announced it is the Catholic's priority to not make charity an emphasis of their calling. After clearing his throat, the priest added that there will be a bus full of nuns to meet with him to correct him on his error. http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...-ryan-catholicand http://www.thenation.com/article/nun...ul-ryans-plan/

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Being nondenominational, I'm not sure who to vote for.
    Just write in 'ACME c/o Roadrunner', that's better than the choices we have!
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-08-15 at 08:43 AM.

Bye bye Jindal. And then there was 14.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...ampaign-216002

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but the Michigan primary is March 8th. Mark your calendar.

As a political junkie I hope no Republican candidate enters the convention with a majority of delegates. We would have the first brokered convention in 70 years. Watch the knives come out then.

That sets up the possibility of a deadlock and the possibility of an outsider becoming the compromise candidate. Should that occur who do you think it would be?

My money is on Paul Ryan -- it he hasn't been chewed up and spat out by the Freedom caucus by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    As a political junkie I hope no Republican candidate enters the convention with a majority of delegates. We would have the first brokered convention in 70 years. Watch the knives come out then.

That sets up the possibility of a deadlock and the possibility of an outsider becoming the compromise candidate. Should that occur who do you think it would be?

My money is on Paul Ryan -- it he hasn't been chewed up and spat out by the Freedom caucus by then.
    Paul Ryan' policies; amnesty, corporate privilege, and hawkish foreign policy are pretty much the same as Jeb and Rubio's and are not far from Hillary's. Jeb's pile of money is preventing Rubio from being number 1 or 2 for now. Considering the crowded field, and his new higher paying job, Ryan might do well to wait for four years and use his new job to buy some new allies and earn name recognition. I'll vote third party again before I'll vote for any of those four.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but the Michigan primary is March 8th. Mark your calendar.
    Thanks, Pam.

Your humble post motivated me to check on the progress of my voter registration. It had not arrived on time. After prodding the city clerk, I now have that registration in my committed little voting hand.

Thank you for your service. Little efforts often have such large effects.

Okay, what specifically are we supposed to be shocked about?

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...rrifies-nation

LAS VEGAS [[The Borowitz Report)—Authorities were urging people to remain calm on Tuesday night after the broadcast of a chilling video that terrified millions.
    The video, which was broadcast nationally on CNN, appeared to show nine extremists glaring into the camera and making a series of escalating threats.

“At this point, there is no reason to believe that any of these individuals are credible,” one expert said.
    Amazing. Suddenly I've learned what alpaca crap looks like on New York City asphalt.

Today I learned something new. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jimaz; December-16-15 at 08:01 PM.

Bumping for Iowa. I heard a report on WWJ this morning by Tim Skubic, who should know better, saying Hillary and Donald Trump were in a "statistical dead heat" in Iowa, as if they were running against each other. No mention of any of the other candidates.

Good luck to Sen. Sanders.

Good luck to Sen. Sanders.
    Bernie has done very well. No cigar, but he definitely gave Hillary a run for her money. He will be victorious in Vermont. Meanwhile, the Donald did not win. Onto the next one.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...nted/79682184/

With Des Moines precinct No. 42's results, Clinton's excruciatingly close lead narrowed further, making the final tally for delegate equivalents in the Democratic Iowa caucuses:
    Clinton: 699.57
    Sanders: 697.77.
    It quickly raised questions about whether Sanders had won the popular vote in Iowa. Sanders backers called for Iowa Democratic Party officials to release the raw vote totals.

Not even Grandpa Sanders knows how many people voted for him in Iowa but we do know that his 697.77 bonus points combined with his zero coin flip wins provided him with almost as many delegates as the psychopath received in Iowa. However, because of pledged "super-delegates", whom no one in Iowa voted for, Hillary leads the national Democratic vote count 385-29 over Sanders. -source: AP
    Last edited by oladub; February-03-16 at 04:14 PM.

They're dropping like flies now. Can we have a moment of silence for these ex-presidential candidates?

Martin O'Malley
    Rand Paul
    Rick Santorum
    Mike Huckabee

This brings us down from 23 candidates [[6 Democrats, 17 Republicans) to only 12 [[2 Democrats and 10 Republicans).

Here's a list of those who are no long with us. Please remember the good that they've done by dropping out.

Democrats:
    Martin O'Malley
    Jim Webb
    Lincoln Chafee
    Lawrence Lessig

Republicans:
    Rand Paul
    Scott Walker
    Mike Huckabee
    Bobby Jindal
    Lindsey Graham
    Rick Perry
    Rick Santorum

And here is who is left gassing up the place. Hold your noses for.....
    Democrats:
    Hillary Clinton
    Bernie Sanders

Republicans:
    Donald Trump
    Ted Cruz
    Marco Rubio
    Ben Carson
    Jeb Bush
    John Kasich
    Chris Christie
    Carly Fiorina
    George Pataki
    Jim Gilmore

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Not even Grandpa Sanders knows how many people voted for him in Iowa
    Why do you keep calling him "Grandpa"? He is an actual US Senator you know. He's not old enough to be my Grandpa.

Why do you keep calling him "Grandpa"? He is an actual US Senator you know. He's not old enough to be my Grandpa.
    Bernie is 74, going on 79 if he makes it through four years. Hillary and Trump are comparative youngsters at 68 and 69. Calling him Grandpa is nicer than whatever I would have to call him if his economic policies were dissected. Besides, he is running against a psychotic Senator whose policies as SOS have been a disaster. I want him to beat her in the primary. I am even considering voting for Grandpa Sanders in the primary now that Rand Paul has dropped out to help keep Hillary out. Bernie, at least, isn't a such a war mongering corporatist crook. Bernie is essentially right about the banks and 1% too. Bernie also somehow seems more physically vigorous then Hillary despite his age and he doesn't cackle.

I'm also ticked off that Hillary has collected hundreds of extra "super delegates" no one voted for. That's really stacking the deck against Grandpa Sanders. How is he going to overcome that handicap?
    Last edited by oladub; February-03-16 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Bernie is 74, going on 79 if he makes it through four years. Hillary and Trump are comparative youngsters at 68 and 69.
    I know how old he is. 5-6 years older than the other 2 is not a big difference.

Bumping for New Hampshire. Hecklers attempt to exorcise Ted Cruz:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1017328273

Sanders and Trump projected winners per CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/09/politi...ref=rss_latest

I know how old he is. 5-6 years older than the other 2 is not a big difference.
    Life insurance companies might say otherwise. Grandpa Sanders will also be over five years older than any president ever elected. Bernie seems in good shape for his age though. Congratulations on the win over his opponent in New Hampshire. Hillary's campaign chief was a former Monsanto lobbyist. Republicans can't even compete with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    They're dropping like flies now. Can we have a moment of silence for these ex-presidential candidates?

Martin O'Malley
    Rand Paul
    Rick Santorum
    Mike Huckabee

This brings us down from 23 candidates [[6 Democrats, 17 Republicans) to only 12 [[2 Democrats and 10 Republicans).

Here's a list of those who are no long with us. Please remember the good that they've done by dropping out.

Democrats:
    Martin O'Malley
    Jim Webb
    Lincoln Chafee
    Lawrence Lessig

Republicans:
    Rand Paul
    Scott Walker
    Mike Huckabee
    Bobby Jindal
    Lindsey Graham
    Rick Perry
    Rick Santorum

And here is who is left gassing up the place. Hold your noses for.....
    Democrats:
    Hillary Clinton
    Bernie Sanders

Republicans:
    Donald Trump
    Ted Cruz
    Marco Rubio
    Ben Carson
    Jeb Bush
    John Kasich
    Chris Christie
    Carly Fiorina
    George Pataki
    Jim Gilmore

***BREAKING NEWS ALERT***

Chris Christie & Carly Fiorina set to end their primary campaigns. This brings the Republican field down to 7 candidates. Now maybe they can have a substantive debate without 500 people on stage vying for attention.

*Update: George Pataki has previously already ended his campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post

***BREAKING NEWS ALERT***

Chris Christie & Carly Fiorina set to end their primary campaigns. This brings the Republican field down to 7 candidates. Now maybe they can have a substantive debate without 500 people on stage vying for attention.

*Update: George Pataki has previously already ended his campaign.
    More breaking news alerts: Jim Gilmore ends his campaign as well. Republicans are now down to 6 candidates.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast