3 11.54%
  • Trump, Donald [[R)

0 0%
  • Walker, Scott [[R)

0 0%
  • Other

3 11.54%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

No matter who wins, our lives won't change much. One side favors protecting the rich, the other raising taxes and spending. All are financed by big money who expect something in return. Either way it's the same old, same old.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I've known about Bernie Sanders for a long time. Jim had nothing to do with it.
    You always were ahead of the rest of the class. The other 7 people that voted for Bernie never heard of him before Jimaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    What's interesting is that both Bernie and Trump have shared a recent surge. I think that pretty much cements the idea that the polled are fed up with the powers-that-be, or as I like to refer to them as the "Parasitic Saboteurs In Power™."
    Very interesting. I think every election cycle someone comes from out of nowhere and steals the limelight from the assumed victors. I'm very curious of what the end game will be. Are we headed for a Trump / Sanders showdown? I have strong disbelief that Sanders can win without going negative. Unfortunately for our feeble electorate to get fired up they need to tear something or someone down, and Trump would eat Bernie alive. However, being too mean and nasty can backfire too.

At any rate, I can't wait until the first Repub debate Thursday next week.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    No matter who wins, our lives won't change much. One side favors protecting the rich, the other raising taxes and spending. All are financed by big money who expect something in return. Either way it's the same old, same old.
    And then there is always the sober person to bring us all back to reality after our fantasy dreamland.

I've known about Bernie Sanders for a long time. Jim had nothing to do with it.
    Actually, I ought to give you credit for promoting Bernie as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    You always were ahead of the rest of the class. The other 7 people that voted for Bernie never heard of him before Jimaz.

Very interesting. I think every election cycle someone comes from out of nowhere and steals the limelight from the assumed victors. I'm very curious of what the end game will be. Are we headed for a Trump / Sanders showdown? I have strong disbelief that Sanders can win without going negative. Unfortunately for our feeble electorate to get fired up they need to tear something or someone down, and Trump would eat Bernie alive. However, being too mean and nasty can backfire too.

At any rate, I can't wait until the first Repub debate Thursday next week.

And then there is always the sober person to bring us all back to reality after our fantasy dreamland.
    I guess I'm the designated driver....

***BREAKING NEWS***
    STOP THE PRESSES. STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Our sources have it on good word that there is now a 17th candidate in the race on the Republican side. His name is Jim Gilmore and he's a former governor of Virginia. Jim enters the race too late to be included in our DYes debate scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 6, on Fox News channel.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ji...stom_click=rss

There is good news though. Fox intends to have two debates on Aug. 6th. That's right, you heard it right, TWO DEBATES. One debate will be the undercard and will include all candidates that did not make it to the Top 10 most popular candidates in the media polls. Candidates 11 - 16 will end up on the first debate at 5pm. The second debate will be the Top 10 candidates and this debate will air at 9pm.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...748.html?ml=po

. All are financed by big money who expect something in return. .
    Wrong, Bernie isn't.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...gn-119502.html

Interesting article..But can he win ?? Just saw the NBC news tonight about the Clinton's journey from being "flat broke" to the millions they now have in very short order. Like I said in another thread about the election circus "Elephants and Donkeys ridden by clowns".

Senator Sanders is an independent, neither an elephant nor a donkey.

“Despair Is Not an Option”
    Despair is not an option. I know you get angry, I know you get frustrated, I know you get disgusted. But we don’t have the right not to [luxury to not]Jimaz be involved.
    I suspect the too-conspicuous appearance that the alleged "job creators" actually prolonged the jobless recovery awakened the electorate.
    Last edited by Jimaz; July-31-15 at 09:52 PM.

For the second time...I know Bernie Sanders is a independent..But can he win ?????

For the second time...I know Bernie Sanders is a independent..But can he win ?????
    I don't have a crystal ball so I don't know but so far his support is growing. That's a good sign.
    Last edited by Pam; August-01-15 at 07:42 AM.

Bernie is running as a Democrat, he will be in the Democrat primary. Not a third party candidate.

Interesting article..But can he win ?? Just saw the NBC news tonight about the Clinton's journey from being "flat broke" to the millions they now have in very short order. Like I said in another thread about the election circus "Elephants and Donkeys ridden by clowns".
    If all the people who would vote for him except that they don't think he could win actually voted for him, he would win

I too voted for Bernie.... because I already knew he is an independent from Vermont.... sorry Crumbled Pavement..... give the rest of us some credit for understanding who is in government.

As for him running as a Democrat.... it would be suicide to run as an independent.... just ask H. Ross Perot...

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    If all the people who would vote for him except that they don't think he could win actually voted for him, he would win
    That's actually a really good point.

Immigration Activists Accuse Bernie Sanders Of Using GOP Talking Points

But advocates don't dispute Sanders' commitment to comprehensive reform.

So if you are not for open borders or question the impact of that on us negatively then your acting like a repub, ala 'talking points'?

Why must the repub's OWN the concept?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b06363d5a2572a

From article:

WASHINGTON -- When Sen. Bernie Sanders [[I-Vt.) said this week that he opposes open borders -- more a hypothetical than an actual policy proposal -- no one was shocked. The Democratic presidential candidate supported comprehensive immigration reform in 2013 and favors a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, but he's long been skeptical of guest worker programs and other legal immigration that could squeeze out American workers.

Some immigration advocates, however, said they were surprised Sanders quickly went from talking about open borders to saying he doesn't want immigrants to take American jobs.

Sanders has insisted he was speaking about open borders, something no candidate is pushing, but also repeated his concern that businesses want to bring foreign workers to the U.S. to take American jobs.

"Those are the talking points that Republicans use to drive a wedge between Latinos and the African-American vote, saying, 'They're coming to take your jobs.' That at its core does not resonate and does not set him apart from the Republican Party," said Greisa Martinez, advocacy coordinator for United We Dream, a group led by undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-03-15 at 09:10 AM.

Bernie is talking about what companies are already doing- firing American workers and hiring replacements from other countries so they can pay them less. Didn't we have a thread on the Disney World firings recently? He is not against immigrants, he is against corporate greed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/us...ents.html?_r=0

Here's another example.

http://www.computerworld.com/article...lacements.html

Here's just as good a place to put this as any other:

2016 C-Span Republican Candidates "Voters First Forum"

I feel like the Pointer Sisters, I'm so excited! 3 hours of hilarious debate will happen tonight. Will you be there?

I feel like the Pointer Sisters, I'm so excited! 3 hours of hilarious debate will happen tonight. Will you be there?

Do you have enough popcorn for all of us or should we bring some ??

[QUOTE=Pam] "Bernie is talking about what companies are already doing- firing American workers and hiring replacements from other countries so they can pay them less. Didn't we have a thread on the Disney World firings recently? He is not against immigrants, he is against corporate greed."

Sanders is against corporate 'greed' whatever that is or at least claims to be against it. I've been waiting for Democrats to pool their money to provide cheaper better products and services without profits and greed instead of griping but am not holding my breath. However, Sanders realizes that there is a relationship between the supply of workers competing for jobs and what they can expect to receive for their work. Sanders' talk goes way beyond just responding to situations like at Disney. However, he voted for the Senate amnesty bill that allows about three times as many legal tech workers into the US to work as de facto corporate indentured servants at lower wage levels than US workers so I don't know if I trust his talk about corporate greed. Several years ago he was the Senate sponsor of a bill to audit the Fed. When the bill passed the House, Sanders watered it down in the Senate so that it was nearly useless. He betrayed everyone who wanted some transparency. It was very disappointing. I think his support of a bill to almost triple the number of foreign STEM workers coming to the US contradicts his claimed concern for American jobs. I do however, like his rhetoric -

“You know what youth unemployment is in the United States of America today?” he said. “If you’re a white high school graduate, it’s 33 percent, Hispanic 36 percent, African American 51 percent. You think we should open the borders and bring in a lot of low-wage workers, or do you think maybe we should try to get jobs for those kids?” “I think from a moral responsibility we’ve got to work with the rest of the industrialized world to address the problems of international poverty, but you don’t do that by making people in this country even poorer,”
    Bernie Sanders Denounces Higher Immigration -the Daily Caller

Do you have enough popcorn for all of us or should we bring some ??
    Bring some and bring some refreshments too. And people, let's not forget that once the Democrats eventually get the guts to post their debate schedule we'll have the hilarity of their debates to look forward to as well.

And people, let's not forget that once the Democrats eventually get the guts to post their debate schedule we'll have the hilarity of their debates to look forward to as well.
    Wait! Was I asleep? The Dems have released their schedule.

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/...bate-schedule/

Get ready people. Once again it's on!

Thanks for this info CP!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast