• Trump, Donald [[R)

0 0%
  • Walker, Scott [[R)

0 0%
  • Other

3 11.54%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default 2016 U.S. Presidential Primary

You knew it had to happen, there was no way around it. You also knew I had to be the one that brought it to you. It is almost time again to select a leader of the not-so-free world. The field is far from settled, but you do have a preference.

You know all the candidates and where they stand on the issues. So, select your preferred candidate from the list. If you need a refresher, click the link below.

Democrat Frontrunner: Hillary Clinton, Former Senator [[NY)
    Biggest Challenger: Bernie Sanders, Current Senator [[VT)
    Other Candidates [[3):
    Lincoln Chafee, Former Governor [[RI)
    Martin O'Malley, Former Governor [[MD)
    Jim Webb, Former Senator [[VA)

Republican Frontrunner: Donald Trump, Businessman
    Biggest Challenger: Jeb Bush, Former Governor [[FL)
    Other Candidates [[14):
    Ben Carson, Neurosurgeon
    Chris Christie, Current Governor [[NJ)
    Ted Cruz, Current Senator [[TX)
    Carly Fiorina, Businesswoman/Former CEO of HP
    Lindsey Graham, Current Senator [[SC)
    Mike Huckabee, Former Governor [[AR)
    Bobby Jindal, Current Governor [[LA)
    John Kasich, Current Governor [[OH)
    George Pataki, Former Governor [[NY)
    Rand Paul, Current Senator [[KY)
    Rick Perry, Former Governor [[TX)
    Marco Rubio, Current Senator [[FL)
    Rick Santorum, Former Senator [[PA)
    Scott Walker, Current Governor [[WI)

You many also choose:
    Other
    Unannounced 3rd Party Candidate
    Write In
    Not Voting

Declared Candidates: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ates.html?_r=0

Sigh....Another chance to elect someone who has nothing in common with the majority of us. Try to pick the one who will do the least damage. And so it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Sigh....Another chance to elect someone who has nothing in common with the majority of us. Try to pick the one who will do the least damage. And so it goes.
    Basically. However, there is no way that someone who isn't from the top 1% ever gets elected president. It costs too much money and unfortunately we will always have an out of touch Wall Street backed aristocrat running things.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Basically. However, there is no way that someone who isn't from the top 1% ever gets elected president. It costs too much money and unfortunately we will always have an out of touch Wall Street backed aristocrat running things.
    Nothing is impossible but some things are highly unlikely. Goldman-Sachs political contributions have lately been very telling. Goldman-Sachs had been recorded as Obama's #1 campaign contributor in 2008. Then, , maybe for propriety, U of California donations edged past GS contributions for the record. Goldman Sachs was Romney's #1 contributor in the 2012 presidential primary. Either way, Obama or Romney, GS could not lose. Both were in its pocket. "Disclosures to the Federal Election Committee reveal how lobbyists for Wal-Mart, Chevron, Facebook and Goldman Sachs have been acting as fundraising captains for Clinton and Bush, bundling donations to channel to the two frontrunners." - http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2015/07/lobbyists-bundle-big-money-for-clinton-bush/
    Hillary's four largest lifetime campaign contributors, to date, are in order Citigroup, GS, DLA Piper, and JC Morgan Chase. Only 17% of Hillary's and 3.7% of Jeb's contributions in 2016 have been from contributors donating less than $200. It seems that the fix is in and GS has given its pre-selection anointment/blessings to Hillary and Jeb.
    Last edited by oladub; July-20-15 at 09:03 AM.

Does that describe Obama?

If anyone believes that a company would give millions to someone running for office and expect nothing in return, they also believe in the tooth fairy. Steve did you read post #4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Does that describe Obama?
    It describes all presidential politicians including Obama. I'm not sure why everything has to be this vs. that. Sorry I couldn't help you with your attempt at division.

If anyone believes that a company would give millions to someone running for office and expect nothing in return, they also believe in the tooth fairy. Steve did you read post #4 ?
    Amen.

Mumps-no wait-I changed my mind-Measles.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Mumps-no wait-I changed my mind-Measles.
    Herpes is better, at least it's permanent.

Most persons in Wisconsin can assure you that Walker is in the Koch Bros. pocket.

...and if I'm going to vote for anyone operating in Wisconsin looking to serve mankind, I'd cast my vote either for Squirrelgirl or Art Paul Schlosser.http://democurmudgeon.blogspot.com/2...-gets-few.htmlandhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkSNlW0Mh64

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Most persons in Wisconsin can assure you that Walker is in the Koch Bros. pocket.
    I live in Wisconsin and have come to believe that Walker is a crook creating state jobs with new titles for his friends, handing out loans to friends making shaky and often failed deals, and attacking unions for the sake of attacking unions. Walker just slashed the Un. Of WI budget by $250M. On the plus side, he has cut some unnecessary state expenses but not enough to keep Wisconsin from going further into debt. Meanwhile, Wisconsin state Democrats are an obnoxious bunch whose ideas consist of tax and spend. Wisconsin's last governor, Doyle, even managed to put a sales tax on hospital and nursing home patients. What can I say? Walker and too many Republicans come out foursquare against working people while state Democrats shake down the working and middle class to fund often flakey unfunded things. Wisconsin's Democratic senators even holed themselves up in an Illinois motel/restaurant with Hooters like dressed waitresses to prevent a quorum and legislation in Wisconsin.

Haha, my brother just threatened to write me in because he's mad at all the candidates. Gazhekwe for president!

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Haha, my brother just threatened to write me in because he's mad at all the candidates. Gazhekwe for president!
    Sorry Gazhekwe, you submitted your paperwork to run for president just a little too late to be included in our comprehensive poll. We will however make sure that your name is included in our next poll. We also will try to find a spot for you on our DetroitYes debate stage. We're interested in your position on the issues and what policy prescriptions you would advance.

In other news, as of the writing of this post, Bernie Sanders is leading the DetroitYes polling with a whopping 58% of the vote. Sorry Hillary, things aren't looking so good for you in DetroitYes-land.

I am NOT surprised that Ms. Clinton is running low. Like really? Her assumptive attitude that she'd just walk into the white house? With her baggage in tow.... But then she still may win!

Hill vs. Jeb? Still incredible that we are at this sorry level.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-24-15 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hill vs. Jeb? Still incredible that we are at this sorry level.
    Very sorry. We're choosing either to be shot in the head or to saw a foot off. Neither a good choice.

Clinton vs Bush? I would hold my nose and vote for Clinton, only because she would be more likely to appoint Supreme Court Justices who would hear a challenge to the Citizens United decision. That decision, and the sure to be passed TPP, are dangerous to more Americans than Daesh/ISIS.
    Last edited by Bobl; July-24-15 at 02:17 PM.

Clinton..Yuck. Didn't her or Bill suggest the Constitution should a "living document" subject to trendy interpretations ? The only option missing in this survey was none of the above.

The only option missing in this survey was none of the above.
    That's the "other" option.

Thanks.......

"other" is neck and neck with Hillary, and both republicans who got votes combined.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    "other" is neck and neck with Hillary, and both republicans who got votes combined.
    I'm still amazed someone voted for Rubio. I know there are some Paulites on the forum so Rand Paul getting a vote is not shocking. Bernie though, not surprisingly, is running away with the DetroitYes vote. I guess Jimaz has done a good job promoting that ideology to the DYes electorate.

I'm still amazed someone voted for Rubio. I know there are some Paulites on the forum so Rand Paul getting a vote is not shocking. Bernie though, not surprisingly, is running away with the DetroitYes vote. I guess Jimaz has done a good job promoting that ideology to the DYes electorate.
    I guess I should respond to that.

Well, gee, gosh, golly [[kicking the dirt in modesty).

But seriously though, I'd like to think that, among the battered electorate, Bernie's uniquely genuine sincerity weighs far more than any mere internet proponent. And let's not pretend we haven't been battered.

What's interesting is that both Bernie and Trump have shared a recent surge. I think that pretty much cements the idea that the polled are fed up with the powers-that-be, or as I like to refer to them as the "Parasitic Saboteurs In Power™."

Let's hope that we can all benefit from the outcome of this next election!

My slogan would be "Imagine what miracles could become."

Last edited by Jimaz; July-26-15 at 10:45 PM.

I've known about Bernie Sanders for a long time. Jim had nothing to do with it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast