Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Plans for 100 Temple?

What will be happening with 100 Temple, as the new Red Wings District development is underway?

Name:  100-temple-detroit.jpg
Views: 1076
Size:  69.2 KB

Beautiful building.

Quote Originally Posted by darwinism View Post
    What will be happening with 100 Temple, as the new Red Wings District development is underway?

Name:  100-temple-detroit.jpg
Views: 1076
Size:  69.2 KB

This is the building DetroitBob and I have discussed. Believe it is called the 'Alhambra apartments.'

Don't know who owns it. Ninety nine percent sure not Ilitch Holdings.

I have identified this building and the Hotel Americana as two critical buildings for revitalization of Temple Street and help improve the area near the Masonic Temple [[this building is at Park, not Cass, like Hotel Americana). I ASSUME Ilitch Holdings owns the buildings on the south side of Temple [[one is a veterans building).

I believe the new DTE has a new substation to be built near this apartment building. I believe it is a cleared site now.

I might have more photos of this apartment building [[from my trip July 4) which give a more panoramic view along Temple Street around Park.

EDIT: This is a photo I took July 4. I believe I was on Temple [[Eastbound at Cass). This apartment building is clear at Park/Temple. Also there are a number of other buildings along Clifford between Temple and Sproat.

The whole area needs a lot of work, both north side of Temple as well as the land that Ilitch Holdings owns south side of Temple [[between Sproat).

Name:  100Temple.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  63.4 KB
    Last edited by emu steve; July-13-15 at 09:22 PM.

Biked by the buildling today. Bottom two floors on the Alhambra, as well as the lower floors of the building on the other side of Temple, have been painted red to cover up graffiti.

My 'wild guess':

After the arena is going up [[nearly complete) and the area between Temple and Sproat is cleaned up we'll see some real interest in this building.

It has a ton of potential and a great location. More so then some of the renovations being done down Cass by MLKjr. [[think I got that right).

Great, great location, one block from Woodward and a couple blocks from a M-1 rail stop.
    Last edited by emu steve; July-14-15 at 05:42 AM.

No doubt about that Steve. Between that, Cass park hopefully being upgraded, and a rehab of the building at Cass & Temple [[at some point), it'll be a hell of a nice area.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    No doubt about that Steve. Between that, Cass park hopefully being upgraded, and a rehab of the building at Cass & Temple [[at some point), it'll be a hell of a nice area.
    Indeed. IF EVERYONE does their part, Ilitich Holdings, folks who own those apts at Temple/Park, Hotel Americana, the block on Cass between Temple and Ledyard, blocks near Fisher and Cass Tech, etc. etc.

That area with the arena and its development, the Masonic Temple, Cass Park, etc. etc. has great potential to make lower Midtown a truly exciting redevelopment area... Time will Tell.

As I have been posting, I've identified a number of critical blocks around the Arena district which land owners and developers need to get together on and 'make beautiful.'

But if some land owner wants to hold out on a critical block for an unrealistic price [[like trying to win the lottery) then things will be hit and miss. That would be too bad.