Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default I'll be darned... for real? Baphomet Statue? In Detroit?

It wouldn't surprise me.

Holy Carp! What's next?

I find it offensive, too. If I can see it, from a public place, I'm offended. It's opening up a portal into evil. Don't we have enough problems without conjuring up more?

Maybe whining and bitching about being offended is the way to go with this. That tactic has worked in so many other situations.
    Last edited by kathy2trips; July-07-15 at 03:05 PM.

This is where we go from all the tugging at making Christianity the official religion. I was just reading a history and a lot of that stuff seems to have gotten a foothold in the anti-Red early 50s. Its when we changed E Pluribus Unum to In God We Trust, and "indivisible" to "under God", for instance. Other religions have been trying to make inroads and getting a lot of static, now this. Nasty looking hermaphroditic human goat thing, for sure.

Hmm, the article says they want to "assert our Satanic values in a positive way and ask that our rights and our perspectives are respected legally."

They clearly have a lot of work ahead of them, need to get some of that done before they bring in that ugly statue.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; July-07-15 at 03:30 PM.

I think all this Satan stuff was just a tongue in cheek way of pushing on those who assert their religious rights in public places all the time. If that's the case, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    I think all this Satan stuff was just a tongue in cheek way of pushing on those who assert their religious rights in public places all the time. If that's the case, I love it.

Yep. If other religions can have monuments, why not this?

I think that's exactly it. The sculpture was built to go on the Oklahoma state capitol grounds, in direct response to a sculpture of the ten commandments.

Vice seems to be the only media outlet doing stories on this with more nuance than "here's a group of people with a shocking name! be shocked!"

Lengthy interview: http://www.vice.com/read/unmasking-l...satanic-temple

VICE: Is the Satanic Temple a satanic, or a satirical group?
    Doug:
    That is a common question. I say why can’t it be both? We are coming from a solid philosophy that we absolutely believe in and adhere to. This is Satanism, and to us it couldn’t be called anything other than Satanism. However, our metaphor of Satan is a literary construct inspired by authors such as Anatole France and Milton—a rebel angel defiant of autocratic structure and concerned with the material world. Satanism as a rejection of superstitious supernaturalism. This Satan, of course, bears no resemblance to the embodiment of all cruelty, suffering, and negativity believed in by some apocalyptic segments of Judeo-Christian culture. The word Satan has no inherent value. If one acts with compassion in the name of Satan, one has still acted with compassion. Our very presence as civic-minded socially responsible Satanists serves to satirize the ludicrous superstitious fears that the word Satan tends to evoke.
    Specifics on the statue, before it took a detour to Detroit: http://www.vice.com/read/heres-the-f...mas-statehouse --
    The Baphomet, which will stand seven feet tall and be a testament to the glory of the Angel of the Bottomless Pit, would be placed directly beside the sculpture glorifying the laws given to Moses by the Christian God. The idea of a Satanic monument sitting on government property in Oklahoma—which is like the Bible Belt's Bible Belt—seems a bit far-fetched, but Greaves says that "there has been quite a bit of discussion among legal scholars who recognize how difficult it would actually be for Oklahoma to turn us down… Constitutional law is quite clear on this issue: The state can’t discriminate against viewpoints. If they’ve opened the door for one, they’ve opened it for all.”

I'm as much against this as I am against any other religious crap in public places.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    I'm as much against this as I am against any other religious crap in public places.
    Couldn't agree more, Al.

I can't wait for Robocop to get plopped downtown soon. He'll know how to handle That there billygoat hippy.

Wow. These guys are totally making a mockery out of religion. Therefore, I am all for it.

Hah! If it's made of scrapable metal it may not be around to anger, affirm, appease, or please anyone too long..........
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-08-15 at 05:46 AM.

I think you're right about it being tongue in cheek. And I also love it!

Baphomet! is a demonic god of the Freemasons and all Masonic and Luciferian assembly cults. Detroit is going to be one big cursed of forced witchcraft and spiritual aggression. I would advised all churches in Detroit to fight against all Masonic Cults to prevent their god statue from ever being raised in Detroit.
    Last edited by Danny; July-08-15 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post
    I find it offensive, too. If I can see it, from a public place, I'm offended. It's opening up a portal into evil. Don't we have enough problems without conjuring up more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Baphomet! is a demonic god of the Freemasons and all Masonic and Luciferian assembly cults. Detroit is going to be one big cursed of forced witchcraft and spiritual aggression. I would advised all churches in Detroit to fight against all Masonic Cults to prevent their god statue from ever being raised in Detroit.
    Please get a grip. These comments are precisely why they want to place this thing on public grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Please get a grip. These comments are precisely why they want to place this thing on public grounds.
    So sequester your feelings and/or opinions, otherwise a statue will be displayed in public view? Sounds like the war's over.

Detroit need not be at risk to the whims of Baphomet, as it has long ago succumbed to the whims of the Council of Baptist Pastors.. truly sublime..
    All the mega churches in Detroit and fealty to Prosperity Gospel ideology have turned many houses of worship into sepulchers.

Unless some fool erects a monument to Bibo the god monster, the universe will survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    So sequester your feelings and/or opinions, otherwise a statue will be displayed in public view? Sounds like the war's over.
    Sorry but I really don't jive with religious irrationality. If Christians didn't force this fraudulent "War on Christianity" or force the Ten Commandments to be displayed on public grounds these groups wouldn't have a leg to stand on and wouldn't be doing this. Believing that some wrath may come to us from this thing being displayed is ridiculous and the sort of backwards thinking that keeps people from addressing real problems with any sort of rationale.

I have some magic beans and elixirs that I am willing to sell that protect against Baphomet, just PM me...

Well, it's just America showing it's true colors [[cue volatile reaction in 5-4-3-2..). It may be just a childish affront towards Christianity [[as if God really is going to be brought down by "SATAN RULZ" scrawled on the Trapper Keeper of that one snotty kid who can't stop turning around in homeroom class to recite Slayer lyrics from his favorite songs to you in a low grumble getting you both in trouble). Atheists and Agnostics still have to reckon with the fact that it is espousing a religious point of view.

Seems just the perfect plot point for an episode of "Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell" [[named after the song from a Detroit legend). Wouldn't mind seeing the Gandhi and Bronze Fonz statues from Milwaukee and the Harvey Pekar one from Cleveland come join forces with Robocop and Father Kern and form an "Expendables" [[or "Avengers"-your choice) team to take on da' beast. Seems Bibo would make a good yokai-if he weren't already a god. Some worship Elvis, some worship Hendrix, some worship John Valby, some worship William Bendix Me-I'd rather see a shrine to St. Coltrane built.

Hows that for nonsensical ramble?

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Sorry but I really don't jive with religious irrationality. If Christians didn't force this fraudulent "War on Christianity" or force the Ten Commandments to be displayed on public grounds these groups wouldn't have a leg to stand on and wouldn't be doing this. Believing that some wrath may come to us from this thing being displayed is ridiculous and the sort of backwards thinking that keeps people from addressing real problems with any sort of rationale.

I have some magic beans and elixirs that I am willing to sell that protect against Baphomet, just PM me...
    Just so we're clear, your personal beliefs don't bother or concern me, as long as you don't force them on others. It's the message that because someone's expressed their opinion, this thing happened. To me, implying fear, is a form of censorship. As far as your magic beans, plant them, and nurture them. I hear there's a giant @ the top of the stalk, with a goose that lays golden eggs.

Over 6,000 years ago, In the Kingdom of God [[ 11 billion years ago before the age of Jesus Christ) Satan used to be Lucifer, the Angel of light, beauty and music. He was the son of morning and evening. He was a seraphim standing to guard's God's thrown of Grace. Lucifer wanted to be God. So it convince 33% of angels to be on his side. War happen in heaven, It's God with Lord of Hosts, the comforter and 66% of the angels vs. Lucifer and his angles. The Lord of Hosts cast them out of heaven and into the abyss. [[Not hell, yet). There Lucifer became Satan, the adversary. It will vow revenge against God, the Lord of Hosts and the comforter. When Earth, and the Garden of Eden was created by God; He made man and woman and all animals and plants all over the world. He was it was good. God warned Adam and Eve that you can eat ever fruit in the tree, but the tree of Knowledge of good and evil you can not eat of it, thus you die. Satan saw this opportunity to plot to destroy God's greatest creation, Mankind. It slipped the guise of the man-like serpent and hang the tree of the knowledge of the good and evil. It summon Eve to come to the forbidden tree and told her a lie. It said that if you eat the fruit of it, you're eyes will be opened, thus know right from wrong. You will be as gods! Even took the fruit and eat it. She loss her connection with her incorruptable body and became fully naked. Adam come to Eve by the forbidden tree. Eve told Adam a lie and believed her story. Adam ate the fruit and loss his connection with his incorruptable body and became fully naked. Adam and Eve started to feel total pain and guilt. Sin has entered into them. As Adam and Eve went deeper into the forest wearing fig leaves to cover their nakedness and hid from God. God saw them called Adam. He spoke "Adam, Why are you hiding from me? Have you ate the fruit from the tree which it told you not?" Adam responded," Yes, I ate of the fruit because Eve told me to." The Lord saw Eve hiding and spoke. "Who told you that you can eat the fruit of the tree, which I told you not?" "The Serpent deceived me and I ate it." God saw the serpent and Satan was inside of him. He said. "Serpent, cursed to all beasts of the land and herb in the land. You will crawl down your belly and eat nothing but dust. You and your kind." God made the Serpent to lose to hands and feet and let it slither on the Earth and his species, too. God spoke to Eve "Because of this, out of your own sorrow, you will bear children. You will join to Adam to be your husband and he will dominate over you and your seed." God Said to Adam, " Because of this you will eat bitter herbs and beasts in the land. You and wife, Eve will struggle in the Earth before you come to me. You will grow old and dust you came forth and dust, you and your wife shall return." Satan's plot work. It allow him to have dominance in the Earth. Thousands of years past. Generations of men start to learn the ways of the Earth and Sin was in their nature. They slowly began to lose connection with Lord their God. turn to pagan and demonic worship man fight with man and children became giants. Murder, madness and mayhem made the Earth bleed and it beg God to stop man's cruelty. Then God told Noah to build an ark and save some animals for he will destroy the Earth with a flood and end mankind. Noah built an ark and put the animals two by two in it. When the floods came, mankind was destroyed. After 40 days and nights. The rains stop, the lands rose up and Noah and animals came out. God made a rainbow of his covenant that the Earth will not be flooded ever again. Generations past, mankind grew and multiplied, but sin leftover from Noah and his descents of still their nature, pagan worship grew, empires rose and fall wars thought either won or lost. But God has a new plan. He sent his son Jesus [[ the Lord of Hosts) to die on the cross [[ right side up) to remission of our sins. So now we can repent and be baptized so we can enter the Kingdom of God. Instead of going to Hell. or suffer in the last days when God will set the world on fire.

Last edited by Danny; July-08-15 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Yes, I agree, but have to smile a bit at the irony here. If other religious zealots had not pushed for a combination of church and state, this would not likely have happened. In words attributed to Henry Ford: "All religion is bunk."

Over 6,000 years ago, In the Kingdom of God [[ 11 billion years ago before the age of Jesus Christ) Satan used to be Lucifer, the Angel of light, beauty and music. He was the son of morning and evening. He was a seraphim standing to guard's God's thrown of Grace. Lucifer wanted to be God. So it convince 33% of angels to be on his side. War happen in heaven, It's God with Lord of Hosts, the comforter and 66% of the angels vs. Lucifer and his angles. The Lord of Hosts cast them out of heaven and into the abyss. [[Not hell, yet). There Lucifer became Satan, the adversary. It will vow revenge against God, the Lord of Hosts and the comforter. When Earth, and the Garden of Eden was created by God; He made man and woman and all animals and plants all over the world. He was it was good. God warned Adam and Eve that you can eat ever fruit in the tree, but the tree of Knowledge of good and evil you can not eat of it, thus you die. Satan saw this opportunity to plot to destroy God's greatest creation, Mankind. It slipped the guise of the man-like serpent and hang the tree of the knowledge of the good and evil. It summon Eve to come to the forbidden tree and told her a lie. It said that if you eat the fruit of it, you're eyes will be opened, thus know right from wrong. You will be as gods! Even took the fruit and eat it. She loss her connection with her incorruptable body and became fully naked. Adam come to Eve by the forbidden tree. Eve told Adam a lie and believed her story. Adam ate the fruit and loss his connection with his incorruptable body and became fully naked. Adam and Eve started to feel total pain and guilt. Sin has entered into them. As Adam and Eve went deeper into the forest wearing fig leaves to cover their nakedness and hid from God. God saw them called Adam. He spoke "Adam, Why are you hiding from me? Have you ate the fruit from the tree which it told you not?" Adam responded," Yes, I ate of the fruit because Eve told me to." The Lord saw Eve hiding and spoke. "Who told you that you can eat the fruit of the tree, which I told you not?" "The Serpent deceived me and I ate it." God saw the serpent and Satan was inside of him. He said. "Serpent, cursed to all beasts of the land and herb in the land. You will crawl down your belly and eat nothing but dust. You and your kind." God made the Serpent to lose to hands and feet and let it slither on the Earth and his species, too. God spoke to Eve "Because of this, out of your own sorrow, you will bear children. You will join to Adam to be your husband and he will dominate over you and your seed." God Said to Adam, " Because of this you will eat bitter herbs and beasts in the land. You and wife, Eve will struggle in the Earth before you come to me. You will grow old and dust you came forth and dust, you and your wife shall return." Satan's plot work. It allow him to have dominance in the Earth. Thousands of years past. Generations of men start to learn the ways of the Earth and Sin was in their nature. They slowly began to lose connection with Lord their God. turn to pagan and demonic worship man fight with man and children became giants. Murder, madness and mayhem made the Earth bleed and it beg God to stop man's cruelty. Then God told Noah to build an ark and save some animals for he will destroy the Earth with a flood and end mankind. Noah built an ark and put the animals two by two in it. When the floods came, mankind was destroyed. After 40 days and nights. The rains stop, the lands rose up and Noah and animals came out. God made a rainbow of his covenant that the Earth will not be flooded ever again. Generations past, mankind grew and multiplied, but sin leftover from Noah and his descents of still their nature, pagan worship grew, empires rose and fall wars thought either won or lost. But God has a new plan. He sent his son Jesus [[ the Lord of Hosts) to die on the cross [[ right side up) to remission of our sins. So now we can repent and be baptized so we can enter the Kingdom of God. Instead of going to Hell. or suffer in the last days when God will set the world on fire.

I always thought that Lucifer guy had something wicked, even when he seemed like the Angel of Light to most of you. Turned out I was right. The guy was a prick.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast