Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Whatever happened to Jjaba?

I haven't seen him post in a good little while

This isn't the first time his whereabouts were asked...about. I haven't seen a post by him either in a dog's age, perhaps he's just living life.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...pened-to-Jjaba

To the tune of "Boston MTA"........."He got on the bus, the good Dexter bus, and he never returned, no, he never returned......and his fate is still unknown.....He rides forever 'round the streets of De-troit.......he's the man who never returned."
    Last edited by Ray1936; July-05-15 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    To the tune of "Boston MTA"........."He got on the bus, the good Dexter bus, and he never returned, no, he never returned......and his fate is still unknown.....He rides forever 'round the streets of De-troit.......he's the man who never returned."
    Wish I hadn't done that. Now I have an earworm to that dang song and I can't get it out of my head. BTW, I know generally where he is.
    Last edited by Ray1936; July-06-15 at 05:33 PM.

jjaba here. jjaba will try to find time to participate in Forum again.
    He's been riding forever on the Dexter bus and he may ever return. his fate is well known, he lives forever on the Westside of Woodward, the man will sometimes return.

jjaba, proudly westside.

Jjaba surely left a lasting impression on this board moreso than anyone else.

To this day I am still striving, in his honor, to write quality posts.
    Last edited by Jimaz; July-06-15 at 09:57 PM.

Merci beaucoup, Jimaz. jjaba will try to post from time to time. Your comments tickle jjaba.
    jjaba, go big or go home. Proudly Westside.

Our hero:

characters

Glad you checked in!

Jimaz. Amazing photo. jjaba will give a prize to anybody who knows where jjaba is sitting.
    Jimaz should sit this contest out sincen' he probably knows from a previous post.
    jjaba, somewhere familiar in time.

Is that a transfer to the Livernois line in his hand?

jjaba just hit a bump and is holding on for dear life.
    Where's jjaba in the photo? Win prize.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaba View Post
    jjaba just hit a bump and is holding on for dear life.
    Where's jjaba in the photo? Win prize.
    The Rosa Parks bus?

rooms222 is declared winner.
    Rosa Parks Bus, Henry Ford Museum.
    Contact jjaba. Post your email here. jjaba will email you directly.
    jjaba.

Welcome back jjaba. You will discover much has changed when you debark from the Dexter bus at the Rosa Parks transit center. The Kresge store where jjaba protested will soon house "Gas Station TV [who is] moving its Birmingham headquarters to three floors of the Kresge, which would be getting a "hip and modern makeover." Jewish hipsters have seized control of the Downtown Synagogue and raised a half million for its renovation while every building on nearby Capitol Park is under renovation or soon to be. And that's just a taste of the westside.

This all sounds like good news. That means there's hope for jjaba's beloved Farwell Bldg. where he learned to become a Wrigley's Stores cashier years ago. He passed the tests and got a job for 60 cents an hour at the W. Davison Store, corner Greenlawn.
    With the Rosa Parks Transit Center, Capitol Park no longer is the transit center where so many buses collected from the arterial routes around the City.

The last time jjaba looked, Downtown Synagogue was in the hands of the Lubavitch Chasidim. The onliest guarantee in life is change.
    jjaba on the Dexter sailing down Cass Avenue.

The Downtown Synagogue is now holding High Holidays Services at the Holocaust Memorial where some 600 faithful attend services. In jjaba's youth, High Holidays at Downtown Synagogue were held in rented space at the Veteran's Memorial, part of the newly minted Civic Center. jjaba thinks there's been some adaptive reuse there also. Fond memories of the Agree family.
    jjaba, Yiddische Mentsch on the Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaba View Post
    That means there's hope for jjaba's beloved Farwell Bldg. where he learned to become a Wrigley's Stores cashier years ago. He passed the tests and got a job for 60 cents an hour at the W. Davison Store, corner Greenlawn.

jjaba on the Dexter sailing down Cass Avenue.
    Sixty cents an hour? About the same time I went to work for Borman Foods, DBA Big Bear Markets, for a lousy half-buck an hour. Got a few tips as a carry-out helper, but usually just a nickle.

[[Big difference, though, is jjaba saved his money. I blew it all the time. Might be an ethnic thing, but really it was just stupidity on my part.)

Jjaba!!!! It is so good to read your posts again! It's the reason I joined this forum. Please continue when you have time. Your presence is sorely needed right now. We've lost a lot of good posters the last couple of months. Welcome back!!!

Stromberg2...feeling rejuvenated

And...I'm also close to 1000 posts. Big prizes from Jjaba, I hear. Haha

Stromberg2

Ray 1936. Ethnic thing? Jesus saves, Moses invests.
    jjaba's Dad is half Polish and half Jewish. He's the janitor, but he owns the building.

Guy has a Scrabble box in the car, window open. Makes an abrupt turn, box flies out window.
    Ray 1936 policeman comes by and asks, "What's the word on the street?"

stromberg2, your kind words are appreciated. jjaba runs quality trivia contests and gives out real prizes. You should be so lucky to receive a jjaba prize. Or maybe you already got one.
    jjaba, Westsider.

Welcome back! I hope you do find the time to pop in. A lot. Fun, history and mystery, best parts of the D and the forum.

Thanks gazhekwe.
    jjaba, Proudly Cass Tech. Printshop. [[Now called Graphic Arts Dept.) OK, but you still have to know ohw to spell. No typos either.

Made my day!

Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast