Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I listened to dispatch last night. It was unreal.

False Flag, you need us more than ever crap from FBI and Homeland Security don't cut our budgets Bull Shit.

Small town Cops and County Deputies run Grandparent, Grandchildren and everyone in between from traditional viewing areas surrounding Fair grounds 4th of July fireworks display all in the name of heightened terrorist warnings.

I kid you not. I was amongst the people told to leave as five or six armed public servants sent us on our way or risk arrest. We left peaceably because we had a number of visiting servicemen on leave from overseas visiting their families and getting arrested on leave does not sit well with their commanding officers. They had apparently, without any notification, set up areas of no access to the public that for years were public viewing areas.

All in the name of trying to justify to Congress their increasing budgets.

Any terror attacks on US soil?

What bullshit...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Any terror attacks on US soil?
    .......911?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    .......911?
    Did they stop that? They had superior knowledge. What about Bldg 7?

How about 7/4/2015...

Oh well, I guess you had to be there. Let's just say this fourth sucked for a few because the terrorists are winning?
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; July-05-15 at 12:42 PM.

Default Maine man is dead after he put a fireworks mortar on his head

another Darwin award

CALAIS, Maine - One young Maine man is dead after he put a fireworks mortar on his head and set it off, according to officials.
    Devon Staples, 22, died instantly, said Maine Public Safety Spokesperson Steve McCausland.
    McCausland says Staples had been drinking with friends at a home in Calais, Maine, Saturday night. The incident occurred at approximately 10 p.m. EST.
    Officials say this is the first death attributed to fireworks since Maine legalized them two years ago.
    Investigators said there were non-fatal injuries from private fireworks incidents in the Maine towns of Friendship, Lebanon, Jefferson, Woodstock and a separate incident in Calais. McCausland said those injuries consisted of burns and eye injuries.
    Read or Share this story: http://usat.ly/1M4mvKt

SPONSOR CONTENT:

Horrible death and to have been there as a witness. The force of those things is not only forward trajectory but, but a kick-back factor. It's gone too far. That stuff should be banned for personal use.

I'm all about banning them in Michigan. One of the worst laws ever to allow these fireworks. At least before, you only had a small percentage of diehards who would go to Ohio. Now you got every idiot around driving to the corner fireworks stand.

banning them in Michigan

Oh no, the actions of a stupid few, stops everyone else's fun.

Are fireworks that dangerous? That everybody has to stop using them?

Like, are they more dangerous than chainsaws, lawnmowers, snowblowers and other power tools? Personally I find their year-around racket more annoying than an outburst of fireworks around the 4th.

If anything is to be regulated, I would prefer to see a fireworks 'season' established, similar to hunting seasons, where their use is permitted. Outside that one needs a permit or gets fined.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    banning them in Michigan

Oh no, the actions of a stupid few, stops everyone else's fun.
    Be careful whom you call stupid. You just claimed "everyone else" finds sparkly things fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Are fireworks that dangerous? That everybody has to stop using them?

Like, are they more dangerous than chainsaws, lawnmowers, snowblowers and other power tools? Personally I find their year-around racket more annoying than an outburst of fireworks around the 4th.

If anything is to be regulated, I would prefer to see a fireworks 'season' established, similar to hunting seasons, where their use is permitted. Outside that one needs a permit or gets fined.
    Actually, not a bad idea. [[brown nose, brown nose) Considering the millions of fireworks shot off, and the few accidents there were, I don't condone banning them. I enjoy watching them on the Forth. Because several of the accidents were alcohol/stupidity related, perhaps an I.Q. test before purchase?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2