Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Fort Wayne Saturday, April 4th and Sunday, April 5th

Sorry for the late notice but I thought some of you may be interested in what's going onat theFort this weekend.

To begin with, the Detroit Historical Guild is holding it's Spring Flea Market Saturday and Sunday in and around the Visitor's Center on the Fort grounds from 9 to5.

Secondly, it is also the first official weekend that the Fort is open to the public for the 2009 season. Tours will be available all day, both days.

Lastly, Saturday, is the April 2009 Workday for the Historic FortWayne Coalition! We volunteered over 8,000 hours at theFortonce again last year, and the difference shows! Our window restoration team has restored 5 sets of window sash and we are continuing toward the complete restoration of all of the sash in the1848 Barracks Building.

We hope to have the entire building complete by the end of this year. Work will continue on this effort on Saturday, so if you have any skill in this area [[or any other area) and want to make a difference in helping to save Fort Wayne please feel free to come out and join us.

See you at theFort!

For you newbies, it's a blast and you're made to feel so welcome by the group, and there are many opportunities to walk the grounds by yourself.

Unfortunately, I have to work weekends, so I can't be there.

I know I have said this before , But I hope to make it down there at least once this summer.