Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Header Pics

Default Header Pics

Hey Lowell,

any reason why Kwame is still around uglying up the place?

how about having forum members submitting pics and then voting in the winners?

Lowell's photographic eye is amazing, in my view. His cropping for the header photos is absolutely outstanding. That said, however, I agree with gnome.

Attached Images Attached Images  

I've been wondering why he is still there myself.

I think gnome must be referring to banner #151:

I don't know of any others with Kwame in it.

I think one of the banners still has George Bush at the Taylor Public Library.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha. I clicked on this thread from the list because I thought this thread was gonna be about automotive headers too.
    Last edited by davewindsor; June-29-15 at 06:58 PM.

Ok, As someone pointed out earlier today, I clown around. But seriously, I think the Kilpatrick photo should stay. Like him or not, I believe the whole incident was a turning point for Detroit in so many ways. It's part of our history.

You've out done your self this time HT! Not the noise making ''headers" silly........
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-29-15 at 09:08 PM.

Ok, As someone pointed out earlier today, I clown around. But seriously, I think the Kilpatrick photo should stay. Like him or not, I believe the whole incident was a turning point for Detroit in so many ways. It's part of our history.
    I'm with Honky.

Seeing that we're "voting" stay or gone... how about a open poll to see how the Dyes members feel? One member, one vote, open for 30 days [[so those that don't check in often have a chance), then he stays or is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    Seeing that we're "voting" stay or gone... how about a open poll to see how the Dyes members feel? One member, one vote, open for 30 days [[so those that don't check in often have a chance), then he stays or is gone.
    I guess you really want to know, should he stay or should he go.

AFAIC, Kwame stays in prison, in the header, and in our heart of hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    AFAIC, Kwame stays in prison, in the header, and in our heart of hearts.
    +1.

Kwame happened. Take the crust with the bread. Keep the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    I think you're trying to create a democracy where a benevolent dictatorship exists. :-)

Not at all... when I hear folks starting "my vote is...", my instinctive reaction is "OK, let's count 'em up" to see if they are a vocal minority or a majority consensus opinion. A curiosity, nothing more...

With decades of voting experience in our political "democracy" I've accepted that my "vote" often seems not to count... but I still show up and put it on the record

The header pic series is called "Slices of Detroit". Kwame, for better or worse [okay worse], is a big slice of Detroit. In that picture he announcing the renovation of the Cadillac Hotel, a huge moment in Detroit history.

We don't hide our warts. After all, as Elmore sez, "Some city's get by on their looks; Detroit has to work for a living." Even harder thanks to Kwame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    The header pic series is called "Slices of Detroit". Kwame, for better or worse [okay worse], is a big slice of Detroit. In that picture he announcing the renovation of the Cadillac Hotel, a huge moment in Detroit history.

We don't hide our warts. After all, as Elmore sez, "Some city's get by on their looks; Detroit has to work for a living." Even harder thanks to Kwame.
    "We don't hide our warts?" Does that mean all the banned members will be welcomed back? Hmm.