Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Miggy - we need more like him!

Default Miggy and the Kid - Best feel good story in a while

Did any else catch the heart-warming exchange between Miguel Cabrera and the young Cleveland fan in last night's game? The kid fields a foul ball with his hat then lets Miggy hear it. What happens next will brighten your day. Not only do we have the greatest player of this era, we have one of the most charming ever who still plays the game like he's a kid.

View video here.

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 11.04.46 AM.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  37.9 KB

Ha! Simultaneous posts. 'Great minds think alike'.

It was amusing, and Mr. Cabrera showed class. I admit, though, that at first I thought the young Cleveland fan was obnoxious, talking to an adult like that. Turns out, it was a nice incident that will outlive the stats of the game on social media, and in the mind of the fan and his companions.
    What would Ernie Harwell say?

What would Ernie Harwell say? "And that foul ball was fielded by a young fan from Shaker Heights."

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    It was amusing, and Mr. Cabrera showed class. I admit, though, that at first I thought the young Cleveland fan was obnoxious, talking to an adult like that. Turns out, it was a nice incident that will outlive the stats of the game on social media, and in the mind of the fan and his companions.
    What would Ernie Harwell say?
    "Mr. Cabrera"?

Miggy is a big kid at heart. Inside that hulk of a man, is a kid playing the game he loves...

Anyone remember another big kid at heart, Prince, who 'stole' some food from a fan while going after a ball headed in the seats [[I guess if he couldn't get the ball, a little chow will do just fine).

I enjoy seeing the 'humanity' of athletes... [[at least the good stuff).