Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Severe Weather Watch for Tonight. Fireworks Threatened?

It seems Mother Nature may be bringing her own fireworks tonight. We have been hearing reports of a severe weather situation heading our way with arrival right around fireworks time tonight.

http://www.weather.com/storms/tornad...r-tracker-page

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 9.57.51 AM.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  45.9 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 9.59.05 AM.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  45.7 KB

Nice freeze frame of the weather chick, if ya know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    I just looked @ it and thought the same thing.......

Name:  NOAA Weather.JPG
Views: 907
Size:  121.1 KB

Just looked at the national radar at 7:00 p.m. and it looks like the fireworks will go off just fine; storms have well moved east. Enjoy, all.

Channel 4 was reporting the start time has been changed to 9 pm for the fireworks.

Fireworks in the daylight... well sorta! They actually look really cool with the clouds showing and smoke puffs in between the works!
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-22-15 at 11:29 PM.

We aren't done with bad weather yet, now we have a tornado watch until 3 am.

Charge up, then unplug the computers lest we have a spike of power going up and down. Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    We aren't done with bad weather yet, now we have a tornado watch until 3 am.
    Timex is still my favorate.....

3 tornado warned storms across Michigan right now. Two up north in the Thumb region and one near Kalamazoo. The one Kalamazoo is the most threatening one to Metro Detroit if it holds together while crossing the state.

Edit: Ah, a 4th warning put out just west of Flint.
    Last edited by animatedmartian; June-22-15 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    3 tornado warned storms across Michigan right now. Two up north in the Thumb region and one near Kalamazoo. The one Kalamazoo is the most threatening one to Metro Detroit if it holds together while crossing the state.

Edit: Ah, a 4th warning put out just west of Flint.
    Thanx AM.....

This is kinda crazy...the warning doesn't include Detroit.

http://www.weather.com/weather/alert...338&tid=525640

We're safe! But Dearborn is apparently still in danger...

and yes, I'm kidding...but it is weird they missed the biggest city in the region...

Current scene from lightening strikes site. Coming our way along I94.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  78.1 KB

It was confirmed a tornado touched down in Portland Michigan, where ever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    and yes, I'm kidding...but it is weird they missed the biggest city in the region...
    I guess they don't know WTF we are!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    It was confirmed a tornado touched down in Portland Michigan, where ever that is.
    Dumbest thing I heard in a weather report: "this storm has a history of tornados". So what?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Portland is west of Lansing--about 20 minutes out on 96. We were driving through that storm when it hit S. 127. The rain and wind were absolutely bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Dumbest thing I heard in a weather report: "this storm has a history of tornados". So what?
    Don't you think it would be important to know that the storms coming your way are tornadic? Most storms aren't capable of producing tornadoes.

Don't you think it would be important to know that the storms coming your way are tornadic? Most storms aren't capable of producing tornadoes.
    No, I don't since storms change as they move. I think TV weather is dumbed down and ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    What kind of front was coming in there?

No, I don't since storms change as they move. I think TV weather is dumbed down and ridiculous.
    Yes, they change in the time frame of hours and in the scale of hundreds of miles. I don't think it's the weather reports that are the problem...

Yes, they change in the time frame of hours and in the scale of hundreds of miles. I don't think it's the weather reports that are the problem...
    I don't need to watch that shit to know what's going on in the weather. Just need to see the radar without the bullshit narration.

I don't need to watch that shit to know what's going on in the weather. Just need to see the radar without the bullshit narration.
    Tornadoes don't show up on radar. Did you go to meteorology school to figure out how to recognize the indicators of a tornado?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast