Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Recommend A Good Italian Restaurant In Detroit For Aug Visit

Dear all. The original thread for "Recommend A Good Italian Restaurant In Detroit For Aug Visit" somehow became irreparably corrupted.

Clicking on the thread led to a time out followed by a "fatal error" message.

Attempts to repair the thread failed and regrettably we have had to delete the thread.

The best we can offer is that you resubmit your suggestions.

I remember: Roman Village [[Dix - Dearborn/Detroit border), Vince's. I've been to Roman Village a number of occasions e.g., after a funeral, my birthday, etc.

At the end we got off on exotic drinks. I asked if a Cobra is an exotic [[or erotic) drink? Cobras are also known as a 'sloe screw.' A 'slow comfortable screw' is sloe gin, Southern Comfort, and orange juice.

My Italian relatives prefer red wine, no sloe screws, with their meals.

Next week I'll get some good Italian cooking at a family reunion. Plenty of red wine.
    Last edited by emu steve; June-22-15 at 10:09 AM.

There are so many it's hard to choose.

Roma Café is the oldest operating restaurant in Detroit.

Andiamo restaurants are excellent, if considered pricy by many.

My favorite is El Barzon. It has an extensive menu, half Mexican and half Italian. Don't be misled by that as the Italian side is as good as any Italian restaurant in the area and far better than most. I've been to all of them.The ambiance is Mexican if that makes a difference.