Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default El Nino Summer is here folks!

More wet storms in the midwest, Very dry weather in California, more rains here in Michigan. That means El Nino Summer is here. Be prepared for more wet days, muggy and hot 90 to 105 temperatures by mid July to Mid August. And it does not stop there.

I don't know about that. Last summer we reached 90 like one or two days the whole summer. I agree about the rain though, it seems like it's been more wet this summer. Just hoping for a mild winter, the last two have been brutal.

Yes, regarding the brutal winters. I've never seen so many evergreen trees and bushed damaged and killed brown.

The weather phenomenon pattern just west of the South Pacific has been changed since early May to La Nina and El Nino. Texas and parts of the midwest and Ohio Valley received up to 100 inches of rain During El Nino Spring. Last year a La Nina Spring brought less rain and near drought conditions from Texas to Missouri. During El Nino summer there will be more ridges of vapor locked high pressure almost bigger than mainland U.S. It will trap moisture and water vapor as a greenhouse gas combine with sun's intense heat causing a heat wave that will last up to five days per two weeks from Late June to mid August. Coastal hurricanes and tropical storms will gain its strength by late July to Early September. Expect hurricanes after August 20th to September 15. From the Caribbean to Texas as far as New York City. Expect more 90 to 105 heat indexes from the Ohio Valley to southern states. There will be more strong storms in the Great Lakes region about 2 to 4 days a week. Some areas in the Great Lakes, upper northeastern part of the U.S. will get quick cool downs and longer heat waves. It will be a 'super El Nino' effect since 1997.

If El Nino hangs around to Winter, expect mild temperatures in December.
    Last edited by Danny; June-22-15 at 12:50 PM.

Long-term weather forecasts are El Loco, in my opinion.

I guess your were wrong this time on El Nino. The weather had been below average temp wise for the last couple of days. It's barely out of the 50s this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I guess your were wrong this time on El Nino. The weather had been below average temp wise for the last couple of days. It's barely out of the 50s this morning.
    You're are not paying attention to the weather patterns. Great Lakes region will get quick cool downs before the heat waves. It's cool in mid July in Michigan now here come the heat.

As long as I don't see snow in September, I'm good.

Heat advisory issued for tomorrow:

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/07/...metro-detroit/

I was right.

Not so fast Danny. Your little heatwave will end Tuesday when the temps will only be in the 70s. It was fun while it last but the Polar Vortex that had hit us last year still has an affect on the weather patterns with below than normal temps most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I was right.
    And a broken clock is right, twice a day...

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Not so fast Danny. Your little heatwave will end Tuesday when the temps will only be in the 70s. It was fun while it last but the Polar Vortex that had hit us last year still has an affect on the weather patterns with below than normal temps most of the time

That's only at the Great Lakes region. Like I wrote to you all. There will a quick cool down for a few days followed heat waves than it will a another quick cool down for at least 8 days. This is an El-Nino pattern.

Here Comes Danny
    Just on cue, a new hurricane, appropriately named "Danny", is set to get everyone's attention over the next several days and for good reason. The last time a "Danny" named storm showed up in the Gulf of Mexico, it hung around for a week and made a real mess of things....

Though Danny will be the first significant storm event of 2015,...