Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Charleston Church Shooting Massacre

This is truly an act of racism! A white male walked into a historically mostly black church and start to open fire at members killing nine. It was a plot in a diabolical scale. The law especially the black communities in most U.S. cities, towns and villages will find the demon and will be punished!

My prayers to the victims who had been killed.

So much for our free country!

Pictured [Among other photos]: The white gunman who shot dead NINE people in mass 'race-hate' shooting at historic black church in Carolina before sparing one woman and telling her, 'tell the world what happened'

• The white gunman opened fire at the historic Emanuel AME church in Charleston, South Carolina around 9pm on Wednedsay, killing nine people - three male victims and six females
    • He let one woman escape so she could tell the world what happened while a child survived by playing dead
    • It has emerged that the gunman had entered the church around an hour before the shooting and had joined the bible study group before suddenly opening fire
    • Among the dead is Reverend Clementa Pinckney, pastor of the church and a South Carolina state senator
    • Charleston police say the gunman is still at large and released CCTV images of him and his getaway vehicle
    • Police chief Gregory Mullen said he believed the shooting was a hate crime

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3dPowIyzh
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-18-15 at 07:21 AM.

Shades of the 16th Baptist Church Bombings of 1963 [[two months before JFK's assassination and the ensuing 22 deaths that followed). When I do my own studies into civil rights history it disturbs me when I read accounts of how Rev. Ralph Abernathy reports the accounts of what followed a bombing attempt on his own house.

Abernathy also posited that the police had knowledge of the bombings before they actually occurred. When Juanita spoke with him on the telephone for the second time when he was in Atlanta, another loud explosion shook the city. Frightened yet again, Juanita asked one of the officers at her house, “What’s that?” Apparently the officer looked at his wristwatch and responded, “That would be your First Baptist Church.” Elaborating on this exchange, Abernathy wrote,“Suddenly the full horror of the situation had dawned on her. The police had known all along. They were in on the plans.” Although this suspicion was never confirmed, Abernathy was not the first to suggest that the Montgomery Police Department maintained close connections with local segregationists and Klan members.

It isn't always race that motivates these attacks on churches. Hatred against religion has taken some drastic hikes [[whether it's someone in Wisconsin shooting up a Sikh temple or some guy shooting Amish girls in a schoolhouse in 2006 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish_school_shooting-need I emphasize the forgiving reaction they gave-now that's a sign of a true miracle.). The details surrounding the Ywam shootings [[which was initially reported as having ties to Ted Haggard.) still remain cloudy. In fact, when there was a spree of shootings in 2012 [[from the Aurora hummingbird neuroscience major-turned-"Joker"-?!-theater shooter-the one who sought psychiatric help from the same military installations that probably consoled one of the Columbine kids and sponted some woman to throw a shoe at Hilary aaaaall the way to mall shootings near Oregon by a USMC hopeful to Sandy Hook) listings of mass murders left that one out.

1. They caught him.

2. Take a loiok at pictures of him and notice the eyes. They are the same as the Sandy Hook shooter and the Giffords shooter.

This tragic incident is going to opportune for so much...

See UPDATE

See also huffingtonpost
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-18-15 at 02:50 PM.

Name:  FDA approved.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  62.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post

2. Take a loiok at pictures of him and notice the eyes. They are the same as the Sandy Hook shooter and the Giffords shooter.

FDA approved...

Sadly and not unexpectedly, the bottom feeders at Fox "News" are desperately trying to spin this as an "attack on faith" and not the racist, terrorist attack that it was.

Name:  foxattackonfaith.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  35.1 KB

I guess there is no limit to the depths that Fox will not sink, in order to pander to their demographic.
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; June-18-15 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Sadly and not unexpectedly, the bottom feeders at Fox "News" are desperately trying to spin this as an "attack on faith" and not the racist, terrorist attack that it was.

Name:  foxattackonfaith.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  35.1 KB

I guess there is no limit to the depths that Fox will not sink, in order to pander to their demographic.
    In this case, by the information clearly available, it is truly racially motivated. Race is always downplayed by them [[otherwise, what would account for the repressed haywire prominence-despite it's early inceptions-of 9/12 Tea Parties in 2009? This kind of thing didn't happen with Clinton in office. Sarah Palin put it out there.) and sadly by some on Detroityes, as it would force many to take a hard scrutiny at the often clear racial disparities that still exist and lead a trail right to the doorsteps of many affluent conservatives [[and non-Wayne County residents on this site). To paint things a darker shade, any scrutiny that can be put on psychiatric/consumer control [[as det313grrl so colorfully pointed out) or gun control is also to be downplayed by them.

Their demographic, you say? I've often wondered what their demographic is. I firmly believe Fox News' sole existence is to be played on large screens in privatized Nursing Homes and Care facilities [[I knew a few shelters that would only play Fox News) where" residents" are kept under a close scrutiny [[can we say exploitative? like the Albacore club/Mar Vista Inn in the movie "Chinatown") and daily regiment of pills, Fox News media hysteria, and visits from political representatives "urging" them in the "right" direction of political views. Come voting time-absentee/postal voting is well-provided for [[with many to "assist" with all that "filling out"). Remember-the elderly account for the largest voter turn-out in numbers. It would not surprise me someone didn't devise methods to capitalize on the "voter mill" scenario [[knowing some of the tactics that Nixon's guys pulled even back then) I just illustrated.

Sounds far-fetched? I used to get punished for refusing to watch "Channel One" propaganda nonsense on the T.V.s [[I was on a heavy anti-T.V.-kick-after thirteen years of watching T.V. everyday 8 hours a day, can you blame me?) in our homeroom sessions at the fascist Lutheran school I attended for 3 years. When I read Rev. Richard J. Mackin's [[an activist from Allston, MA) letter [[from this book, https://gorskypress.wordpress.com/bo...nued-interest/ -though dated, I highly recommend the works of this witty guy.) about two children jailed for refusing to watch school-sponsored T.V. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.anarchism/WLaXMnU1Or0-even if it was for religious reasons, I can sympathize with what it is like to be kept in an extremely controlling situation.

Finally-staying more true to the topic at hand-the better question to ask is where did this young kid come up with this attitude? It wasn't like someone told him his beloved aunt once got raped and he runs off shooting on a spree. This kid was well steeped in this kind of racial white supremacy for quite a while. He most likely got a lot of "nurturing" support from family or community he belonged to, to have such a strong racial hatred. Sadly, this is where most kids do get it from.

Everyone is weighing as would be expected [[let the agendas begin, or shall I say continue). President Obama has given a statement:

Obama Says Church Shooting Shows Need for Reckoning on Guns
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-19-15 at 05:54 AM.

If Fox where the only news outlet guilty of serving an agenda, to a specific demographic, we'd be in great shape. They are not.

Further, not every conservative or independent voice is even welcomed on Fox. Fox is just as cliquish, having their favorite talking heads as is the case with the other news outlets.

Sometimes they even get it right on certain stories. The SPIN machine is going full tilt on this story from the far left and right. No doubt.

And there will be more overlap as some news will be hard to ignore by either major party network.

Last edited by Zacha341; June-19-15 at 06:05 AM.

Jon Stewart's comments.

https://youtu.be/SaW47WxcwPQ

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

If Fox where the only news outlet guilty of serving an agenda, to a specific demographic, we'd be in great shape. They are not.
    That's no excuse.

Further, not every conservative or independent voice is even welcomed on Fox. Fox is just as cliquish, having their favorite talking heads as is the case with the other news outlets.
    That's still no excuse.

Sometimes they even get it right on certain stories. The SPIN machine is going full tilt on this story from the far left and right. No doubt.
    I see a pattern forming here. Why does Fox news always seem to need so much more excusing than everyone else?

It might not matter anymore: Fox News as we know it may be screwed: Roger Ailes’ stunning rebuke could spell the end.

Name:  warnings.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  81.2 KB

And in all the smoke and the mirrors, the fast track authority, TPA, has been passed.

International trade pacts, TPP, TTIP, etc...here we come!

SO I read all the posts in this thread, we're talking about how the evil Fox news went to their faith agenda and how the Prez and the left went to their anti gun agenda.

It's really sad that we don't have a President who can be Presidential.
    With Reagan, Bill Clinton, Bush I and even Jimmy Carter, a speech after a tragedy such as this would have been one to bring the nation to stand together to mourn for the victims, as well as the community, city and the state where it happened. To bring us together for the victims and support them. To denounce the violence and encourage healing and stability.

But not this guy.

He gets on the mic and makes 2 points:
    1. We need more gun control
    2. America has a dark past and insinuates we are a bunch of racists

This President is not the great uniter, he is the great divider, and fans the flames of division at every opportunity and after every tragedy. Even Hillary could have done a better job. So sad.

This event was a tragic and horrific event, performed by a young man who was not entirely all there, who was on meds and drugs, who was called "slow" by those who knew him, and was known not to be entirely stable. But does the actions of a few identify an entire race?

African Americans kill African Americans every day. Does that make all African Americans murderous butchers who hate their own race? Of course not.

Muslims kill butcher murder and torture Muslims and non Muslims every day. Yet we are told time and time again by the Government and the Media that all Muslims are not the same, that moderate Islamists and Muslims should not be labeled over the actions of a few radicals.

So is it fair to say all cops are bad because of the actions of a few?
    Is it fair to say all whites are racist monsters because of the actions of a few?

This country needs better leadership and it needs healing. It also needs to be clear in it's messages after a tragedy or a major event.
    Last edited by Papasito; June-19-15 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    It's really sad that we don't have a President who can be Presidential.
    With Reagan, Bill Clinton, Bush I and even Jimmy Carter, a speech after a tragedy such as this would have been one to bring the nation to stand together to mourn for the victims, as well as the community, city and the state where it happened. To bring us together for the victims and support them. To denounce the violence and encourage healing and stability.

But not this guy.

He gets on the mic and makes 2 points:
    1. We need more gun control
    2. America has a dark past and insinuates we are a bunch of racists

This President is not the great uniter, he is the great divider, and fans the flames of division at every opportunity and after every tragedy. Even Hillary could have done a better job. So sad.

You are doing what everyone else is...very poorly perceiving only what you want to perceive, and lashing out from your personal experience. That is an unfortunate trait of being merely human, we all suffer the same without great effort to expand beyond.

Have a wee bit of compassion. Which president ever had to face such a senseless act against not only 'innocents' he was adjacent to demographically...but actually associated with in real life?! In a historic place, no less...fundamental to the exposition of racial truths.

This sick twerp wanted to start a race war.

There is no arguing that point. He said it himself.

The multi-tiered fractures from this act need special attention, or he will have succeeded.

For instance, out of MY limited perception and life experience, I now know that it will be VERY difficult for any lone white dude to EVER approach any inner-city church for any reason. For most of my church-going adult life, I was one of the few white faces in the room...never as blatantly as in one southside church in Chicago where I was called out as an example.

This one senseless, evil act has now destroyed...destroyed...the chance of an open posture to strangers. So, the community must band together to insure this does not become a habit...love must conquer any fear and pain and loss, whether adjacent or directly encountered.

I say that specifically, because most often it is the adjacent experiences of others which seem to fuel the worst over-reactions in us all...especially since those are so much more prevalent than direct experience.

Sincerely,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by det313grrl View Post
    Name:  warnings.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  81.2 KB

And in all the smoke and the mirrors, the fast track authority, TPA, has been passed.

International trade pacts, TPP, TTIP, etc...here we come!
    We know for a fact that he used a gun. You're just speculating that he was on medication, without any proof. Maybe instead of guns or a toxic culture of white racism that prevails in South Carolina, let's blame Big Pharma! If that doesn't stick, let's blame violent video games!

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    But does the actions of a few identify an entire race?

Ask American Muslims that question. Conservatives in America seem to have no problem villifying entire groups of people [[Muslims, blacks, Hispanic immigrants) based on the misdeeds of a fraction of those populations.

But therein lies the double standard. A Muslims shoots up a Church? He's a TERRORIST! Islam is a religion of violence! A black man shoots up a white church? He's a violent THUG animal and a gang banger! A product of a violent inner-city black culture of rap music and gang violence and welfare! A white man shoots up a black church? He's mentally ill! It's not his fault! It was the pills! He was a slow, troubled youth!

You and people like you make me sick.
    Last edited by aj3647; June-19-15 at 09:15 AM.

No, there is proof he was found with a drug not long ago.

He did NOT say it was prescribed, though, said he got it from a friend.

We know for a fact that he used a gun. You're just speculating that he was on medication, without any proof. Maybe instead of guns or a toxic culture of white racism that prevails in South Carolina, let's blame Big Pharma!

aj, I made that assumption before it was verified. Suboxone, that's a new one on the list.

[[you might want to use the spell check...vilifying)

I went to a Burger King yesterday, the day after the shootings, in which there were some black people including the cash register guy. It occurred to me that I wanted to apologize for the actions of Dylann Roof. I was, as a white person, shamed by his action. In shame mode, I was paying attention to blacks more than usual. Two black ladies were having a loud and angry argument outside the restaurant. One black patron left all his trash for someone else to pick up instead of filing it in the trash bin. [[Yes, I have seen white people do the same thing.) The older girls in a group of five young black girls took good care of the younger girls. My wife overheard one of the girls say, "I can't believe Daddy is in jail". I wondered if he could still be an active dad if the victimless crime category, responsible for putting so many black men in jail, were removed. I reflected on how my observations might have reenforced or been driven by my own stereotypes. Still, I did not, out of the blue, tell the cashier how I was personally shamed by this violence done in my name as a white person. So, as John Stewart noted, not much was accomplished toward ending this cycle at least on my part.

A recent May poll indicates that racial relations are at their lowest point since 1992. The President is wrong about these things not happening in other civilized [[read that 'non-Middle east') countries. Consider Charlie Hedboe, European cartoonists, or Brevik's actions. John Stewart's speech was superior to the President's reflex and opportunistic anti-gun agenda message whipped off on the way to a $33,000/person fund raiser. Police are often at the center of publicized racial incidents but this time they made a speedy arrest. That, at least, was a turnaround although there was discussion about had Dylann been black, the arrest wouldn't have gone so peaceably. Those making that point might have been right although bringing that hypothetical point up after police did something right accomplished nothing toward ending the cycle either.

Hats off to John Stewart for calling it.
    Last edited by oladub; June-19-15 at 04:55 PM.

Geez, not to thread hijack, but if you guys hate Fox News so much, why are you watching it?

Saw this, found it interesting.

USA: First in World in Gun Ownership – Not Even in Top 100 Countries for Murder Rate

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=16b_1434677111

You know, this shooting should be about the psycho of the month, not a politicized event. But that's all that happens anymore. People spin events into political viewpoints. And the political points for the left and the right overshadow the mourning and the actual tragedy that occurred.

So I'll close with this video:
    How The Media Should Handle Mass Murderers
    https://youtu.be/1OCDCl_02NA

I disagree about this terrorist being about drugs, mental illness, guns or other excuses. Those are tragedy-pimping distractions.

This is a terrorist plain and simple, lone wolf or even possibly sleeper cell, fostered by white supremacists and their hate-media proxies who spread their venom. They are no different in tactics and intention than ISIS recruiters. Both have the same agenda. Attack America, our institutions, our constitution, our symbols by victimizing innocents in soft targets.

At least this terrorist has ripped the scab off the ‘take back our country’ phrase, the code speak for “take back our country from Obama and the n*****s” used so frequently by politicians and hate radio talking heads to rally racists to their causes. Betcha none the current crop of candidates use that line any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Geez, not to thread hijack, but if you guys hate Fox News so much, why are you watching it?
    It's called know your adversary

Lowell nailed it! This was what I was implying with the emphasis on my last paragraph, and there is a lot of crucial elements that draw close to this incident [[much as the Breivik-Utoya were-as one smart poster was astute to mention off-handedly). Dylann Storm Roof [[got to say all three names-it's a tradition) had his deep-rooted beliefs instilled in him from others. His dad gave him a gun [["Happy Birthday, son, don't use that on anyone I wouldn't...wink wink"). He had a Confederate States of America license plate. Should it surprise us that he wanted to start a race war [[much like Manson was put up to wanting, as well) by targeting a church that was a stopping point for MLK? A Democratic Senator was one of the victims [[this part is crucial) and one who proved to be an outspoken presence of justice-seeking African Americans in the very issues that rankled Roof. http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...er-scott-video

It is very clear that this kid had strong ties to something far larger that targeted this church and the members within. Yet, until any group comes forward to announce affiliation and support with this kid's actions, the cowards who put this kid up to this slink away like a lizard losing it's tail. I won't be surprised if our nationwide propaganda engine will say he was a "lone gunman" and "quiet and reserved", with no pursuing of any ties he had to anything larger [[for example-as a dated history lesson with a reversal of racial targeting-not mentioned by some popular sources, though others accurately mention, that would-be-assassin Bremer was supplied money and later had Black Panther literature planted in his pad as per orders by guys like Colson and Segretti-yet, he was "crazy and acting alone").

Regardless, the church community still insists on keeping it's doors open. It's not going to keep me from attending mass down in Detroit. If the folks in Charleston are wise, they will disappoint the evil minds at work and prove that an event like this can bring folks from all walks of life together, not distance themselves with tension. Typical of me [[but not of life in general), I will mention that the fact that a daughter for one of the victims pleads that we should forgive is essential http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/cha...n-roof-n378641

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast