Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Trump 4 prez

Default Trump 4 prez

Forget Elizabeth Warren. Forget Rand Paul. Forget Marco Rubio. Forget Bernie Sanders.

There's a new sheriff in town and his name is the DONALD.

Congrats DYes, we are in for a special treat this election season. Trump is the man to fix America!!!

Another day, another candidate. Is there a limit on how many people can run from one party? The GOP race is ridiculously crowded.

Last edited by Zacha341; June-17-15 at 07:05 AM.

Again?

Name:  We Shall Overcomb.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  9.8 KB

I watched. I listened. I laughed. That said, he raised a few valid points, but in a disingenuous way. The moment when he cued the Neil Young song was hilarious, and apparently pissed Neil off. A great caricature of many politicians.

Which I think speaks to the splintering of the GOP. Like the Dems, if the Repubs could jettison some of the ideological floatsome within their ranks they would!! But endorsement-at-large requires that the fringe are utilized to insure the ascension and staying power of certain candidates.

Trump will blow his horn loud and bold [[that's who he is) but not all of it can be dismissed or endorsed, and he's free to say what most candidates will not say for sake of being PC.

Then again there's always the comfort of our front runners: Hillary and eh, 'Jeb!'. For sure their mouths must remain forever closed on certain subjects.

SMH.... My goodness, we almost deserve what we have!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Another day, another candidate. Is there a limit on how many people can run from one party? The GOP race is ridiculously crowded.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-17-15 at 07:28 PM.

I don't understand the hubris of some of these candidates who ran before and got flushed out. Why do they think anybody likes them better 4 years later? Or is it just a big cash grab attempt on their part? Rick Santorum? Rick Perry? Does anyone actually like these guys?

I don't understand the hubris of some of these candidates who ran before and got flushed out. Why do they think anybody likes them better 4 years later? Or is it just a big cash grab attempt on their part? Rick Santorum? Rick Perry? Does anyone actually like these guys?
    I'll accept that answer.

^^^ Uh, yeah we have mini retread and 'mighty' retread in action.

Some are running without a chance, and others have the nerve to think we've forgotten the past!

Maybe they're right!
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-18-15 at 06:07 AM.

or is that crowded with the ridiculous?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Which I think speaks to the splintering of the GOP. Like the Dems, if the Repubs could jettison some of the ideological floatsome within their ranks they would!!
    The difference is that their flotsam has backers with deep pockets. The Dems are so damned to be centrist that they are WAY to the right of where conservatives were 50-60 years ago, and their leadership actively pushes the people who truly play to the base to the side, which is why they end up with corporatists like Clinton, Obama, and Clinton. Their leadership seams to think "yeah, your going to vote for the Republicans? Take who we give you and like it," which is why I will vote for a third party if Hillary is the nominee

I hear that. However, the repubs say the same thing on the opposite end [[not conservative enough, too centrist). And it is argued that a third party votes ensures one of the front runners, however I have still chosen that option on occasion. 'Hill vs. Jeb' is just the worst, IMO.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-20-15 at 01:19 PM.

If nominated, I shall not run. If elected, I shall not serve.

Wait....didn't someone already say that?

Trump is the other white meat. That wasn't meant to be offensive, it's just a play on a commercial advertisement years ago. While Bernie Sanders is sucking all the air out of the room here at DYes, Trump is leading all Republican candidates in polls of conservative voters.

Like Sanders, Trump came out of nowhere and is seen by his supporters as honest and a breath of fresh air, a candidate who tells it like it is. Currently, Trump has a new opponent he must dismantle. Her name is not Hillary Clinton though. Read all about it below.

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/...-her-wherever/

Face it DYes, if you could build your dream Republican his name would be Donald.

This is the start of the 'Trumpu-ist' Party [[ even the Trumpu-ist or Trumpu-ism) is not a word.