Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Vote Miggy for MLB All-Star Game

A few deserving Tigers [[I also voted Iggy and Yoenis) need fan support for the MLB all-star game...

www.tigers.com/vote

I did my due diligence and gave Miggy +35, as well as the other Tigers you had mentioned. It's quite absurd that the Royals will be representing the AL, but kudos to their fans' efforts. I wonder if the end results of the ballot voting will change the way the MLB handles the voting process....

Quote Originally Posted by Knocturnal View Post
    I wonder if the end results of the ballot voting will change the way the MLB handles the voting process....
    We can only hope...

This drives me nuts! Every year starting in early May [[which is ridiculous no matter who you are voting for) MLB makes sure every team promotes voting 35 times for their own favorite players and then when a city actually does it every writer and broadcaster [[paid by the teams) complains that the wrong guys got in.
    Please DON'T vote for Miggy and let these idiots get what they deserve. The All-Star game has been a sham for years.

Sometimes I feel [[we feel) like a rat in a Skinner box. Instead of pressing a lever, we are requested to press the enter key, mouse click, send button, etc.

As 401don suggests, we are manipulated no end esp. by this MLB voting process.

For example, a lot of content/advertising is a 'slideshow' - just keep clicking the mouse and see a dozen, two dozen, etc. [[e.g., a mock NFL draft with 32 teams 'choices').

Right now, Kansas City fans have flooded the ballot boxes with their votes, and at this moment all eight non-pitching starters are from the Royals. The all star game turned into a sham when they took the voting away from the professional journalists [[read "baseball writers") and turned it over to the fans.

Well, at least that'll be four days where we know for sure the Tigers won't lose a game.

The only other 1st baseman that has comparable numbers to Miggy is Prince Fielder. Miggy should always be the American League starter at 1st IMHO. Hosmer is having a decent year, and so is Teixeira for NY, even though his average is .250. Miggy is the standard bearer to me though.

[[shrug) Miggy's not a boy anymore. He plays almost every game & rarely gets a day off.

Let the Royals play and sprain an ankle, rupture an Achilles...whatever.

Give Miggy a day or two off & some downtime with his family.

In short...who cares. I'd prefer he take a mid-season breather anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect View Post
    [[shrug) Miggy's not a boy anymore. He plays almost every game & rarely gets a day off.

Let the Royals play and sprain an ankle, rupture an Achilles...whatever.

Give Miggy a day or two off & some downtime with his family.

In short...who cares. I'd prefer he take a mid-season breather anyway.
    There is zero chance he doesn't go to the game as a reserve.

Yeah...I know. He could still decline the invitation though eh?

I mean...how about THAT sharp poke in the eye commish?

Quote Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect View Post
    Yeah...I know. He could still decline the invitation though eh?

I mean...how about THAT sharp poke in the eye commish?
    That would be great to see the best players take a pass but since the Players Association gets half the revenues they're pretty much all in kahoots.