Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Cass Avenue in midtown/downtown getting bike lanes, new street lights in midtown

"Cass Avenue upgrades are scheduled to begin this month and will include bike lanes from W. Grand Blvd. to Lafayette and extend through downtown to the riverfront. As part of this project, the final section of the Midtown Greenway Loop will be constructed on Cass from Kirby to Canfield. LED Comerica Street Lights will be installed from I-94 to Canfield. The Midtown Loop includes decorative concrete sidewalks, landscaping, benches, LED pedestrian lighting and drinking fountains. "

from the MDI newsletter this month

Great for Wayne State and those who live in that area.

LED lighting is always a good thing to have, esp. an urban college campus with a lot of foot traffic.

So I'm assuming, based on the name, Comerica Bank is completely funding this project?

Drinking fountains eh? Classy touch!

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    So I'm assuming, based on the name, Comerica Bank is completely funding this project?

Actually what i thiiiiink, so not sure, but the old streetlights that used to be on woodward in midtown that were ripped out for the m-1 rail [[because a section in woodward will have overhead wires) are going to be put along cass avenue

i remember reading a while ago that since they have to replace the streetlights for that portion in midtown where the m1 will be on-wire, they're going to re-use those streetlights in a different area of midtown.. glad to see they didn't go to waste because those streetlights are gorgeous

i think they call them the comerica street lights because wasn't in front of comerica park where they originally started replacing all the street lights on woodward or something?

With fancy street lights and fancy apts, coffee shops and oodles of restuarants for the millennials, Midtown Detroit will all filled up with diversity by 2030.

Name:  greenway3.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  282.3 KB

BTW, just found this old schematic of Greenway project with good detail of the project.

I'm guessing this schematic is at least a half dozen years old...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    With fancy street lights and fancy apts, coffee shops and oodles of restuarants for the millennials, Midtown Detroit will all filled up with diversity by 2030.
    Actually most of the area [[see schematic) is or borders the Wayne State campus and, as such, the campus community will be as it is...