Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My deepest sympathies to her family and friends. Even though I only knew her through her posts on this forum I know she had a huge heart for many people. She will be truely missed.

I am sad to hear this. My condolences to her family.

Wow....just wow. I am so shocked and saddened to hear this. I only met her a couple of times at the Picnic, I just loved how fired up she was in her passion for Detroit, family, friends and neighbors. Peace to you Ron and family. So sorry for your loss. All of our loss.

Yes, I was like 'this can't be!'. Sumas was a night owl [[insomniac in my case sometimes) and I was accustom to checking the site, say 4 AM and see her posting something and so last night I got up around 3 AM and - wow! I read Ron's post in disbelief!

Sumas and I'd met at one of the Detroityes picnics and we'd just started to talk on the phone a bit - we corresponded by snail mail once and a few times thru PM's. I'd never made it to sit on the 'long front porch' of her house she described. I'll miss her wit and candor here on Detroityes. We've indeed lost a wonderful soul and a true champion for the D.

Ron, your wife was a giving, kind woman, touching many. Her spirit and zest for life made an impression here on Detroityes. Please accept my heart felt condolences. Z341

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Oh poo, say it isn't so.

Sumas was one of the reasons I enjoyed this forum.
    Some what suprised by this and saddened too.
    May God grant peace to her and those left behind.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-07-15 at 01:34 PM.

I learned about DetroitYes from another former Detroit I met when I moved to Santa Fe, NM a couple of years ago. I was so looking forward to meeting Sumas this summer. She will surely be missed...RIP.

I'm so, so sorry to hear this. Shocked and saddened. Enjoyed reading Sumas' posts immensely. My deepest condolences to her famly and friends.

I am sorry to hear this, but glad I had the chance to chat with her online. My impression of her was one of a passionate, kind, and caring person.

My thoughts are with her family and all the folks on DYes that were deeply connected with her.

Oh, my, I did not expect this! The life force was so strong in her, the drive to do good. The Creator must have needed her beauty and spirit. Her spark in the heavens will shine on us all. Dance along that Trail, Sue. Walk in Beauty forever.

Condolences and best wishes to her family. Via her writing, she lived a full and eventful life, which is all anyone can hope for.

Very shocked with disbelief! We've lost three posters [[all who were very sympathetic and respectful towards me) in such a short time. Sue was the only poster I PM-ed between, and she was really broken up about Django for the last month and a half. Things feel darker here on DY for me.

I will miss her much, and I know many will. She wasn't afraid to speak her mind. This included her faith in Christ. I hope others don't lose heart over this loss from this crusty world. Yet, in heaven, I believe it to be a gain. To Ron and others-take hope that all things heal....and stay strong during the process [[sorry, not good at this-never was).-G.

I also went to the same high school as Sue, we have communicated in the past regarding the people we new and the Gar Wood property. Sue was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about that and many other Detroit areas. I write the following because we both grew up with similar role models. We were both women of the 1960's with HUGE HUGE challenges ahead!

In our as youth as young women we were faced with meekness as our stage.
    Close your voice and leave your opinions hidden from view.
    Shelter
    your knowledge and go with the flow.

Never stand up to adversity , always seek knowledge but never have a place to expose it or to help other human beings!

Sue challenged, those rules , she gave with kindness, and a wonderful zeal for setting the table right!

She worked at assembling her neighbors for the betterment of everyone, wether they accepted her mission or not. She gave to people in need with food and physical help unconditionally! She loved her family and friends with the deepest of passion. She will be missed and remembered for some of the above reasons as well as the resounding impressions she left in her life.
    My deepest sympathy to all of her family! She will be missed!

My prayers goes out for her family. I had never met her but on this site it's amazing discussing topucs while getting to know the faceless bloggers through their wonderful and interesting personalities through texting

Ron, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sympathy to her family. I never met her either but enjoyed reading what she had to say.

Sorry to hear this. My condolonces to the family

Shocked is the right word. She seemed to be someone that was the definition of life. I enjoyed her posts, humor, and knowledge. My deep condolances to her entire family

Has anyone heard about the arrangements for Sue?

Very sorry for the loss. She will be missed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Has anyone heard about the arrangements for Sue?
    Yes, I would be very interested to hear about that. Time [[and paying attention to the issue of timing) is of the essence for me in the matter.

Yes, everything about this is [[for a lack of a better word) untimely. I can't seem to find an obituary.

It had been only recently that I had 'touched' Sumas, and I knew that I was touching an Angel. Sorrow will be brief. The brightness of her will never fade.

Wow, we are losing so many great posters here. Sumas always seemed like such a great person. I will miss her posts.

RIP Sumas!

Any word yet on where and when services will be held? I have not been able to find an obituary or death notice.

I to have been looking for an obituary, what was Sumas's real name, I think here first name was Sue.

Wow this is sad to hear...I've always enjoyed reading her postings. My deepest condolences....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast