Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What are Fundegetha and Wonemongus?

I have seen this crude, cryptic graffiti scrawled all over town for years. I always assumed it would end up meaning something, but it seems that maybe it's just weird gibberish.

Does anyone know more about this?

https://instagram.com/p/yxGyClPYUD/

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceFair View Post
    I have seen this crude, cryptic graffiti scrawled all over town for years. I always assumed it would end up meaning something, but it seems that maybe it's just weird gibberish.

Does anyone know more about this?

https://instagram.com/p/yxGyClPYUD/
    That would appear to be "Fun together".
    The other looks like "One among us"?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    That would appear to be "Fun together".
    The other looks like "One among us"?

I'm guessing that Jesus returned, had a party with the undesirables of society, and raptured 'em. The rest of us missed it.

If you put them both together, it's "The fungus, among us".

The main thread connecting the two words is that they're spelled with a schwa: ə, pronounced 'uh.'

Heavily abridged underlying premise: the ə sound [["uh") is a deeply human way of bridging a gap between separate thoughts. By creating new words out of previously separate thoughts, we're increasing the diversity and nuance of our language. This happens all the time: 'bromance' and 'sexting' were added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2012. Embracing the ə as linguistic glue is a way to accelerate and democratize the process.

Thanks for the feedback, that's the sort of philosophy I had ascertained from it, however I fail to understand why it's written in marker all over town on both vacant and occupied buildings. It seems to straddle the line between thought-provoking street art and crazy, tinfoil hat-wearing gibberish.