Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Third Man Records | Detroit - Jack White's Return to Detroit?

"On June 1st, Shinola founder Tom Kartsotis partnered with Detroit-native Jack White to purchase the building that currently houses the Shinola Flagship store at 441 W. Canfield in Detroit’s Cass Corridor. The deal marks new expansion for both Shinola as well as Jack White’s record label Third Man Records. For Third Man, this is a homecoming of sorts, since the label was originally founded in Detroit in 2001. This expansion signals the opening of their first retail store and offices outside of Nashville, TN. The new retail space is set to be in operation by Black Friday [[November 27th, 2015), with many special surprises in store."

http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/third-man-records-shinola-in-the-cass-corridor/

That's cool. I'll definately pay it a visit, and hope it does well. ... Meanwhile, I'm all digital in my buying habits, and cheap is good.

Love or hate Jack for the way he left the city/talked about it, this undoubtedly will continue the recent trend of Detroit becoming "cool" again. Neat stuff.

I just Googled this as well and lots of different types of media around the country are picking up this story.

what does this store sell, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    what does this store sell, exactly?
    Vinyl records, along with CDs, t-shirts and musical tchotchkes. Click on the link above, then the Store button to see their offerings.

Default Nashville Store

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    Vinyl records, along with CDs, t-shirts and musical tchotchkes. Click on the link above, then the Store button to see their offerings.
    I was at the Nashville store last month and it was a lot of fun. I bought the Neil Young "A Letter Home" LP recorded in the old school 78RPM booth, 45RPM of the Jack White tune "Lazaretto", Third Man Records T-Shirt, and a couple "You can't be a Pimp and a Prostitute too" stickers. It was around $60 for everything.

This is myself in the listening booth spinning discs lmao

Name:  107.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  36.7 KB

This is the Nashville store recording booth. Hopefully they can find another one for the Detroit store.

Name:  106.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  34.8 KB