Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Cruising woodward

I was coming home tonight when I noticed some people hanging out in parking lots near 14 and woodward around 9:15. There were about 8 or 10 cars in the lot of California closets, some newer mustangs, and some of those Chinese type street racing cars. Just down the street on the other side of woodward there were a few more people in another parking lot standing around there cars. I pulled into another spot across the street hoping to see some action, waited for about ten minutes and didn't see any racing going on. Does that happen or was my timing off? I was hoping to see something.

IT seems like people are doing their test runs for the Woodward Dream Cruise, since it appears Summer has settled in...

Starts earlier every year. Why not the whole summer? I've already cruised it.

Royal Oak Police are doing their best to keep a lid on things. They're acting like real bastards, as usual.

If you want racing try behind city airport.

Quote Originally Posted by black gold man View Post
    If you want racing try behind city airport.
    Faster then a speeding bullet?

Keep up the good work Royal Oak Police

Quote Originally Posted by boater4life View Post
    I was coming home tonight when I noticed some people hanging out in parking lots near 14 and woodward around 9:15. There were about 8 or 10 cars in the lot of California closets, some newer mustangs, and some of those Chinese type street racing cars. Just down the street on the other side of woodward there were a few more people in another parking lot standing around there cars. I pulled into another spot across the street hoping to see some action, waited for about ten minutes and didn't see any racing going on. Does that happen or was my timing off? I was hoping to see something.
    Really? Waiting for action?! Woodward Dream Cruise was quaint and cool for the first decade of its existence now it's turned Woodward, a public thoroughfare full of commuters, into a summer long pseudo-track race with grown men reliving their good ol' days and upsetting and blocking the traffic flow. It also includes people with no lives, sitting on the side of the road mindlessly watching traffic in the middle of June.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Really? Waiting for action?! Woodward Dream Cruise was quaint and cool for the first decade of its existence now it's turned Woodward, a public thoroughfare full of commuters, into a summer long pseudo-track race with grown men reliving their good ol' days and upsetting and blocking the traffic flow. It also includes people with no lives, sitting on the side of the road mindlessly watching traffic in the middle of June.
    I do it just to piss off the tree huggers. People with no lives? Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by alangbr View Post
    My old car is legally registered and insured, and adult-driven. I can drive Woodward year round.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    This is nothing new, Woodward is returning to the cruising from my teen years in the 1970's. Although in the 70's Gratiot and Telegraph were almost as popular as Woodward.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    This is nothing new, Woodward is returning to the cruising from my teen years in the 1970's. Although in the 70's Gratiot and Telegraph were almost as popular as Woodward.
    Yup, that sounds pretty much like what we used to do on all of those strips. Especially Woodward. Hangin' at the Big Boy, baby...

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider
    Royal Oak Police are doing their best to keep a lid on things. They're acting like real bastards, as usual.
    And that sounds like what used to happen too.

Hah! That's light weight. The Highland Park police are the stunners these days! I come up on them two squad cars-deep sometimes writing tickets and taking folks on to jail when I cruise back into the D from Royal Oak, Ferndale shopping lately!

Quote Originally Posted by alangbr View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-28-15 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Yup, that sounds pretty much like what we used to do on all of those strips. Especially Woodward. Hangin' at the Big Boy, baby...
    Hanging at Ted's