Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit map in WIP in the game "OMSI - The Bus Simulator"

For those who don't know, OMSI is a bus simulator that was created in Germany and is probably the most realistic kind of it's genre. I currently have a Detroit map in WIP that so far includes only SMART route 160 Downriver. Right now, I only have a few miles of roads placed and will post more details here at a later date. I'm doing my best to make it look realistic with what's available so far, so don't worry.

Website for the game [[in German): http://www.omnibussimulator.de

A road map of what's been done so far. Guess which roads you see here.

I've reached Southland.

All roads are now complete. And a few more in-game screenshots.

Recognize anything in those?

Guess what I made today?

Yep.

This looks interesting. Do you basically drive the bus and move people as a player

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    This looks interesting. Do you basically drive the bus and move people as a player
    Pretty much. I've set it up with the actual current SMART schedules, which means, for example, you will depart the Meijer store near Southland at 10:25 AM, then head into Southland, up to WC3D, down Northline into Wyandotte, make a few turns before eventually taking Fort Street south, east to Jefferson, south into downtown Trenton and finish in west Trenton about an hour later.
    Last edited by mtburb; June-14-15 at 03:59 PM.

Can you guess what real-life location this is supposed to represent?

Something I made that will be used on this map.

Perhaps I am missing something, but what is the point to all of this? Is this supposed to be some kind of video game? What is this all about?

The map is now available as a public alpha.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-public-alpha/

What is all of this about?

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    What is all of this about?
    It's for a bus-driving simulator that you have to buy. You also have to buy one of the requirements.

Why would one purchase such a thing? What does it do for you? Is it supposed to be for entertainment, or some sort of game?

This is a description of OMSI - Der Omnibussimulator from a download site, possibly translated from German. The OP is making an add-on for the game that simulates driving through Detrot.

OMSI is a realistic omnibus simulator for home use. You are the driver and your job is to drive the bus and the passengers safely and on time through the surrounding traffic. Great effort has been made to recreate the vehicles as realistic as possible. So concerning handling and operation, the buses resemble their real-life counterparts to a very high degree. Especially functions like the gearbox control which simulates every detail of the original, the physical simulation of the air system, the fully working IBIS [[Integrated Board Information System) and the extensive soundset [[more than 100 single sounds per vehicle) create a high level of realism. Furthermore, the realistic and detailed scenery with dense traffic and animated objects contributes to the €œomnibus experience€ for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    This is a description of OMSI - Der Omnibussimulator from a download site, possibly translated from German. The OP is making an add-on for the game that simulates driving through Detrot.

OMSI is a realistic omnibus simulator for home use. You are the driver and your job is to drive the bus and the passengers safely and on time through the surrounding traffic. Great effort has been made to recreate the vehicles as realistic as possible. So concerning handling and operation, the buses resemble their real-life counterparts to a very high degree. Especially functions like the gearbox control which simulates every detail of the original, the physical simulation of the air system, the fully working IBIS [[Integrated Board Information System) and the extensive soundset [[more than 100 single sounds per vehicle) create a high level of realism. Furthermore, the realistic and detailed scenery with dense traffic and animated objects contributes to the €œomnibus experience€ for everyone.
    Public Alpha v0.2 is now available. Yes, an additional purchase is required and that is the new Chicago addon.

Default OMSI Detroit Maps

I am pleased to announce that your old Downriver back is now available for download again and this time I've included a separate DDOT map.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5X...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5XRcMSC1oqcMHB4YzhtZGRCVGc/view?usp=sharing

Fix: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5X...ew?usp=sharing
    Fix 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5X...ew?usp=sharing

As always you must purchase OMSI 2 itself plus the Chicago DLC.
    Last edited by mtburb; April-08-16 at 07:40 PM.

Last edited by mtburb; April-09-16 at 10:02 AM.