Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Penske

Default Penske

Roger's one of the biggest Detroit boosters there is, and because of this, many have mused aloud that he should put his money where his mouth is and move the Penske operation from Bloomfield Hills to downtown. With that being said, hypothetically speaking, how many folks would that mean? Are we talking 200, or is there a way for him to further consolidate regional jobs and add to that total? I have no idea how many are in Bloomfield, so the 200 is a pure guess.

I also understand that the nameplate on a building means far more than the actual number of folks he'd bring down, I'm still curious bout what this impact could look like.

Even moving the nameplate and 10 executives would be significant, as it would link another Fortune 500 company to Detroit.

I agree, he's behind. He's a booster, but he's no Gilbert.