Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Canadian Broadcaster to Help Detroit

I don't know whether I would have the guts to do this, to come back to a city where I was robbed to help out the people...so have to give this Canadian radio host kudos for that. [[received info on this via a share on Facebook). I think that I will donate $200 and help him out.
    http://www.gofundme.com/DTWrecovery
    Last edited by ThunderTrap; May-22-15 at 04:51 PM. Reason: spelling error

Appears the "on-line" counseling has also taught him how to steal from citizens surfing the web.....

I found this one he made for his Mom who died 7 YEARS PRIOR! What a scam artist, and a poor one at that, he has zero donations thus far.. Here's his write-up for Mom's fund:

"My mother, Margaret Good Pickford, passed away 7 years ago today, on 19Nov2006. Last evening, in a vivid dream, I was reminded of her impassioned dream, as the former President of the Canadian Dental Nurses and Assistants Association, to provide dental care, toothbrushes and toothpaste, examinations, and education, to remote aboriginal communities across Canada, and to those in villages in Africa and Southeast Asia where the state of oral health is abysmally poor. With this fund, a retired dentist will visit the North, and packages of dental care supplies will be dispatched to villages in Tanzania and Thailand, where my mother had pen pals and we will keep her dream alive.

Blah, blah, scam, blah. I'm hoping the OP on the thread is just naive and not "Stephen" from the campaign. Although, I noticed that the supposed $200 donation referenced has yet to be made...

Whenever I donate, I prefer to contact the person directly, vet them, verify with references, and then pay them directly -- why should GoFundMe get 6 or 7%, plus, if he's in Canada and I'm in the US, I have been dinged with "currency conversion fees", so why should I pay a bank on top of it all? I didn't say that I was making my donation on-line now, did I???

My first criteria will be -- if he was robbed, does he have a police report number?

5. Default

Based on a reported post complaint for advertising, we have investigated the story behind the fundraiser and determined the event and person behind it appear to be genuine. https://www.facebook.com/travelworldman.

If anyone has evidence otherwise please let us know. If this event is real, it would be terrible to wrongly accuse a victim who is trying to cope with it in a beneficent manner.